[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby mos68x » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:12 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:28 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:48 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:47 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:38 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:31 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:26 pm

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:59 pm

I have not forgotten this project, I'm just busy with trying to get this motor fixed since it is burning too much oil. As soon as I'm done with the rebuilding of the motor, and probably the transmission as well, I will get back to the hydrogen project. I'll hold off on repairing the transmission as long as possible so that I can get this hydrogen project done, but we'll see what actually happens.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Oops, I totally forgot to answer your question there Gary, lol

In short, what happened was that I closed up the leaks in the top of the "tank", my modified windshield washer fluid tank, however that caused a "small" problem. The plastic tank could not withstand the vacuum created by the engine and so collapsed in onto itself. It started to suck the water from the secondary bubbler into the motor, which was replaced by the water electrolyte solution from the "tank".

The project is on a hold right now due to the motor anyways since I really need to rebuild it before I do much of anything else since it has always burnt a lot of oil. Once that rebuild is done, I'll start working on a permanent solution to the tank that will be mounted in the rear, where the permanent home for the cell will be.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 am

mos68x, THANKS for the Info!

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:31 pm

This motor rebuild is going to take a while to rebuild since I'm only running on $400 a month and that has to take care of everything gas and military related. I'm just going to build a new motor like I want it so that I don't have to get back into it again unless for a good reason. I've already got a set of aluminum corvette heads to go on the new motor, as well as a roller lifter setup to go in it. Still need to buy a new block since the one I have is going to be too expensive to repair in comparison. At least this way I won't have any down time for the car since it is my daily driver for work.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm running into more and more problems it seems like, now my transmission has finally told me that it's on it's last breath. Shifts are getting MUCH harder to keep from grinding between 1-4 so I'm going to have to take care of the transmission first before I can do much about the motor. I've bought a set of aluminum corvette 58cc heads though, so I'm going to try to save some money to get at least the heads done. Just changing the heads will be boosting my compression from about 8.5:1 up to 9.9:1, maybe more depending on how much they shave the heads down when they rebuild them. Unfortunately that's all I can do in the very near future with money the way it is, but that should get the beast back to being more reliable again and using less oil and not fouling the plugs anymore. The next month will probably/hopefully bring a plasma ignition setup for the car, with some Krupa Firestorm spark plug replicas. After that we'll see where all this puts me, but with the cold weather coming up I will probably have to just stall out on the hydrogen project until the summer. I'm hoping that I'll be able to use my income tax return to get the block taken care of as well, but I guess we'll see about that.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:55 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Hey guys, back to update things again. Looking back it is hard to believe that it has been a year since I've been able to do anything to further my project thanks to the military and trying to find a new job in the civilian world. Well I'm very happy to say that I'm working again and will soon have enough money to work on my cell again. The only drawback for me right now is that I'm currently living in a 31ft travel trailer in Montana so I have no workshop space and almost none of my tools, so I'm going to have to rely on local shops and spend more money to get the stuff done that I want. I will hopefully get a new video up sometime soon for those of you who follow it. But I've had ideas that I've always wanted to try that HHOPWR has done since I've thought of them, proving that they are effective and viable.

I do still have my 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500, but after my trip here in the middle of June, the truck is showing some wear in the transmission from abusing it with higher towing weight than it was designed for. So I'm also in the hunt for a new truck, preferably a 3500HD, and only with a 6.6L Duramax diesel. I've always wanted a diesel anyways since they are much more accepting to increasing amounts of hydroxy gas, however now that I work within 10 miles of where I am living, fuel savings is not going to be the driving factor for me to finish this project. Now it will be home heating, cooking, and electrical generation costs most likely, however I will still design everything to fit in the back of the pickup as I was planning on doing to the current 1500. If anyone can help me out with manufacturing contacts for the stuff I need done up in the Great Falls, MT area I would greatly appreciate it.

I am also working on a new reservoir design that I hope will minimize the fine bubbles continuing through the cell and eliminate the "boil-over" I would have had in part 3 of my last youtube video. Most of it will be taken care of with the PWM for the pump, but if I can get a reservoir designed right I might be able to keep the pump running at full speed the whole time to reduce the amount of particulate collecting in the cell, since that was a big reason for the pump besides keeping the cell full of water at all times.

Well I'm going to get back to trying to learn this new CAD program so I can finish my projects, so I'll check back in later.

Thanks everyone!
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Another update?? Well, this thread seems to be getting to long now for a website that also seems to be dead. But for those that are still watching and listening I figured'd I'd do another update.

There won't be much more work done on the existing cell, the one that is shown as the "new" cell since it is no longer the newest cell. I will only continue to use it for boosting applications most likely since I have version 4 in the computer waiting to be built. As soon as I can find a laser or waterjet cutting service in the local area (Huntsville, AL) I hope to have at least a few plates made. I can deal with a few plates at a time since I have made this design to be modular, meaning you can add more parts and pieces to it without necessarily needing to disassemble the entire cell to add them. My newest design can also be magnetic as well to help lower the power input, or increase gas output, depending on how you wish to look at it. The magnets are going to be nearly as expensive if not more expensive than the plates themselves are when using 316L, the new material I want to go to will also increase production cost but will also increase efficiency and gas output.

I'm still living in my 31ft travel trailer while we look for a new house down in the new area so my funds are still going to be limited, as well as my tinker-time. But when the new cell is nearly ready to show I'll be sure to post it up here as well.
mos68x
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis