[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - For the benefit of the Group

For the benefit of the Group

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby kumaran » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:16 am

Hi AlaskaStar,

I have posted the important point which we are interested in that videos.

I have no luck in getting the test car. Don't really know when I'll get it. The sales man kept on promising new dates. This week is gone without doing useful work. Hmmm....
Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:46 am

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby darnoldrs » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:40 pm

darnoldrs
Regular Poster

Postby readyakira » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:39 pm

readyakira
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:09 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:47 am

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:47 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:38 pm

sorry about those troubles man.......

one thing I can comment on is even new sonic plugs require at least 200 miles before the cars puter learns to start save'n fuel.On my o truck it took 300 miles before I started to notice better MPG with just the plug change.It may get better after a few more miles :?
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:09 am

Hi Kevin,

Well, it's my faith that I got to go through all the trouble to make things happen and I'm used to this situation already. Thanks for the tips. Kevin, I did disconnect negative connection from battery while working on electrolyser wiring. But after putting back the connection, the computer should be able to reset the settings right? But you said the computer learns to lean the fuel after some miles. Hmmm... this will be a problem if the electrolyser fails halfway and we cannot put back the default factory settings. Sorry, I'm totally dump when comes to engine electrical system especially EFIE.

I didn't see any sensor (O2 sensor) at exhaust so this model should be using MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor) if not mistaken. Now where does the sensor located? I took some last year and hopefully somebody can identify the sensor location. I can even take more pictures if requested as long as somebody can guide me through.
Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:30 am

Kumaran:

This model has NO oxygen sensor or Lambdasond system.

if you remove the air filter on the driver side of the engine, you will see a large "flapper" which below it sits the throttle, and closer to the cylinder head is the injectors. This "flapper" is what meters the fuel, using a sliding control rod, it changes the position of the fuel metering block. if you wish to put in less fuel, then pull the "flapper" closed, but keep in mind that this will restrict your air as well. so maybe adjusting the fuel metering block would help.

I'll rummage through my library (I acquired ALL the DEALERSHIP SERVICE BOOKS from the college when they switched to computer, and have DEALERSHIP SERVICE MANUALS for every make and model back to 1938, Foreign, Domestic, and otherwise weird) and see what I can find for you as how to re-calibrate the metering system, and if all else fails, put it back the way it was before you started tinkering.

When I find it, I'll scan it in, and send as JPEG or Bitmap image, that way if there are any diagrams you need you will be able to zoom in to see it clearly.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:15 am

Hi AlaskaStar,

Thank you for your kind help. I really appreciate it.

Question: How does fuel injector works to inject fuel if the engine don't have sensors?

Previously, I did change fuel distributor for this car. This is where I noticed that this model fuel injection is much different with other EFI. I have asked the auto mechanic on O2 sensors location but they couldn't answer. On top of fuel distributor (fuel divider), there is adjustable screw. Auto mechanic used to adjust this screw to check CO which emits from exhaust tail.

Other info about the car.

Model : UK model
Year : 1987
Engine Capacity : 1997cc
Engine type : W201
Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:39 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:14 am

Kumaran:

Any Progress?

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis