[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Ravi's Meyer Replication- Tap Water to H2

Ravi's Meyer Replication- Tap Water to H2

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby kevinsatterfield » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:11 pm

Hey Ravzz,Stans brother may not have been around all the time as Stan was work'n on his stuff but I wuld believe and do believe that he wuld have a working knowledge of it,more than anybody and the power connections to his tubes are fired in pairs across from each other,Im not sure if he is p[olarity swaping the tubes or not but he does say that there is symetetry in the way the tubes are.He also says that the wave form is very important and aside from AlaskaStar, no body else here has been able to provide any help in produiong that wave form..Im still looking but ...Im not an electronics wizz so Im have'n a hard time finding a circut to work with that produces those special wave forms.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:35 pm

I personaly do not believe that Stans cells operate anything like Joe cells do,I also do not believe that conditioning of Stans cells are sanded and allowed a continous oxide layer to be on the s.s. iether but I may be wrong....I gotta get one of these PWMs of Bobs to produce 43khz before I can actually start on those tube cells or find another circut to play with.Looks like somebody found the right 556 to work with on Bobs Rev.E board.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby Simon » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:41 pm

im building a cell atm very much like Dave and Ravzz's ones but im on a tight budget so its a slow process :(
Simon
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:54 pm

Hey Ravi,you mind if we colaburate here on yer thread on try'n to build one of these things? Im gonna try with ya ....finaly....I think it was more like his chamber was 18 inches....i'll try that and see how it goes.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:21 pm

Hey Ravi...lol one more thing, do you know why the closer spacing gives more gas? I f we knew why closer spacing is more effecient and culd simulate that or provide the same conditions I think spacing wuld only be a matter of.....hmm I wanna say control but that doesnt seem right.....I think its all about hydrated electrons my self but I cant prove it.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby watkykjy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:52 am

Hi Kevin,

Changing the spacing means changing the capacitance of the cell, which essentially means that you need less volts (and also a lower frequency) to step charge the water to dielectric failure. It's like making the capacitor smaller, which also makes it easier to "break" or overcharge...
watkykjy

Postby ravzz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:12 am

Hi Kevin :

As per the videos of Stan's WFC his pipes were around 18 inches long.....as per his patents the optimum spacing was 1/16th of an inch or 1.587 mm...so I thought whynot try a closer gap than that and see what happens...I dont know if thats what caused the increase in efficiency or the pipe lengths or both. When i ordered the pipes I was looking at 1mm spacing but the pipes I got brought down thw spacing even more....so it wasnt by intension that I was looking at 0.670mm spacing.

If you havent worked on this process before I would advice you to take a step at a time....go for the proven D14 setup...it works.

watkykjy ha s answered the reason for a closer spacing so if you have the mechanical skills go for it but be careful if the pipes get shorted its a mess....and theres every chance of this happening when you go for a closer spacing...it took me over four weeks to sort out these hassles...do the shorting test before you spot weld the wires.

Hi Somon:

Atleast you have the intension of making this whenever you can...thats half the job done. Good luck

Hi Maintenanceman:

http://panaceauniversity.org/D14.pdf

The circuit given on page 7 with the inductors is what gives the highest efficiencies. The inductor on both positive and negative is a must. Why would you want to build one with the alternator? from what I can remember the page 7 circuit doesnt have an alternator and you can power the circuit with a DC 10A coverter like I did or use a plain heavy duty battery for getting the output. If you want to experiment with the other circuits in the document then its ok.... Good luck!!
ravzz
Regular Poster

Postby watkykjy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:33 am

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your help so far, it's greatly appreciated. I have found that a smaller gap also makes it easier to step charge, although, as you pointed out, shorting the tubes out also becomes easier... Anyway, about the inductors or coils that you use. I currently use a 4 bobbin telfon tape square section air core, with bifilar winding, all on the same core, instead of one by one. If you like, send me a mail to Baas at hixnet dot co dot za, and I will send you the picture of what it looks like. The reason I use these coils in this bifilar format on the air core is first of all, so I have distributed inductance, as well as distributed capacitance, and then the air core allows me a greater frequency response range, although saturation is more likely to occur at higher frequencies..

Just a note about the coils. The coils have to be built in such a way that the distributed capacitance between the 2 chokes must be greater than that of the WFC, which is why Stan had one of his chokes adjustable, to accommodate for the different water used. Also, the resistance of each of the coils must be greater than the resistance of the WFC. If you can do this, you are set to create a forced oscillation circuit, whereby the volts can climb exponentially, all without any amps, and that's what we want..

The right volts at the right frequency then stimulates the covalent bonds of the water molecules to disassociate, causing the release of the hydrogen and oxygen.

Hope this helps!

Cherio
watkykjy

Postby ravzz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:44 am

I,ve posted the video of the changes of the leads im doing right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqSyTiPu8VI
ravzz
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:06 am

I wonder if the good old Ferrite torroidal would be any benefit for your two
inductors.?
Thinking of Bob's recent comments - the inductors are gaining extra energy
from " other sources " so it would be advantage to optimise their efficiency.
I also learnt the hard way that some materials allow Much faster voltage
rise times than others.
Glenn
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby ravzz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:04 am

Hi watkykjy & glenn_aircooled :

I havent spoken to Dave about the variations concerning the inductors....as for me I've made it on a Ferrite rod of 25 mm length 100 turns of Double Enamelled Electrolytic Copper (99.99%) of 22 SWG (0.711mm dia) which was what Dave suggested.

You could try the above till you are successful to an extent and then start experimenting with the variations and let everyone know if youre getting better outputs.

Ravi
ravzz
Regular Poster

Postby ravzz » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:05 am

Bob any suggestions on the inductor variations that could be tried?
ravzz
Regular Poster

Postby Big-bubbles » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:39 am

If I could think I wouldn't need help.
Big-bubbles
Regular Poster

Postby ravzz » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:21 am

ravzz
Regular Poster

Postby Big-bubbles » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:10 am

If I could think I wouldn't need help.
Big-bubbles