[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Water for hydrogen cells

Water for hydrogen cells

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

Water for hydrogen cells

Postby russ » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:14 pm

We need a file regarding how to obtain free distilled water for the upcoming water fuel transition. We can't have minerals of tap water clogging the narrow water gap of our hydrogen cells. I had thought of an attatchment to wood stove/furnace to boil water to steam and recondense. Also the exhaust manifold of an engine is about 1000 degrees. A solar distillery unit with vapors coming off glass plates may work. An electric heating element distillation unit needs free electricity. There are also special filters on the market that remove minerals. An old article from mechanics magazine showed AC hooked to aluminum plates in tap water forming sediment of minerals since 60 cycles a second (SHOCK) frequency drops out minerals in jar. (dangerous). A programmed timed relay pulser with short duty cycle may then not blow fuses.
Your replies and research will be appreciated.
russ
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:24 am

A 2 inch pump and yer local river or lake or creek,a nice sized storage tank with some good filters is wat I have in mind.Along with a rain water collection tank and filters.Its really not hard to get clean water to use.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Re: Water for hydrogen cells

Postby herby53 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:55 am

herby53
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:59 am

Russ , I agree with your idea.
I am not very conversant with distilling practices. If any one has good links to
distilling methods / apparatus designs etc I for one would like to see them.
-
I have used De Mineralised water for my experiments. Whilst it is Very well
filtered and chemically scrubbed , I now have some doubts about its use in optimum systems.
I would much rather try the most pure distilled water I could get to test with.
To afford this type of water - I would certainly like to distill my own.
Glenn.
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

making distilled water

Postby spinning-magnets » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:53 pm

A hydrogen ion walks into the Cathode bar and orders a drink. The bartender asks "why are you so sad? The Ion replys "I lost an electron". The bartender asks; "are you positive"?
spinning-magnets
Regular Poster

Water for hydrogen cells

Postby weggl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:14 am

I purchased a deminraliser- filter that removes all chemicals an minerals for around AU $25. the TDS is atound 5 parts per mill.

weggl :D
WARREN EGGLETON
weggl
Regular Poster

Return to OUPower Pub