[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Website Updates

Website Updates

If you have questions concerning any of this Website's functions, features or operations, please utilize this area. Technical problems or issues go here as well.

Do you like the site re-design including ads?

Love it. Everything looks great
33%
Seems to be fine. I don't mind the ads
67%
It's ok. I'll deal with it if it helps the cause
No votes
I don't like the changes
No votes
I hate the changes. Can't stand ads
No votes

Total votes : 3

Website Updates

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:50 pm

So what's everyone think of the new site re-design. I have added the blog and have added more advertisements aimed at helping to generate some much needed funds for my research. Are the ads OK or are they annoying to everyone?

Please give me some feedback.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Website Updates

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:55 am

No bites yet on that question? Come on phpBB v3 is pretty cool and has a LOT of expanded capabilities for us.
You have to give a smile for that at least? :D
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Jehu » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Hey Chris

Big jump to the new forums eh? Looks good. Hopefully we can see a lot of the old folk come back and get this place going again. I do rather miss it when the discussions got going.

Can we edit our posts now? Would help a lot to keep everything tidy. What about moderators?

Keep up the good work
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Yes you'll be able to edit posts now :) And lots of other goodies that are in phpBB3. I'm also looking into a mod that will allow people to authenticate directly from Facebook.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Jehu » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Nice idea, as long as it's optional though. It's still nice to stay anonymous to people that haven't fully gained our trust yet.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Site looks great Chris!
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Bob!!! What a wonderful surprise.

I'm sorry that I have been out of the loop for a few years. Life has been crazy but things are getting back to "normal" (is there such a thing??) and I have been doing my work in the shop again lately... Woohoo! -Lots of it actually. Lathe, Mill, WVO, even my electrolyzer work. Getting my new CNC upgrades, working on Windmill prototype ...lots of great stuff.

Bob again it's great to hear from you again. I'll have to give you a ring sometime if you'd like to chat. :)
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:50 pm

I received a request to post this message on my forum so that people could respond to it publicly. I sent this e-mail out a few days ago and it's been like a mini-family reunion since then. I am pleased that so many of you are still interested in working together so here's the e-mail as requested:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to take this opportunity to invite you all back to the new and improved OUPower.com website and forum. Heck, I have even added a BLOG now if you can believe it.

Over the past few months I have had a lot of changes in my life. My father died back in June so that had me messed up for quite some time; but in the end it has helped to pull me out of the "lull" that I was in. For several years now I have been ignoring my "duties" here on OUPower. I have been negligent in posting and working on projects. I have been ignoring the forum and generally let things coast on autopilot.

Well in case any of you have been checking, you will notice that right around May/June 2011 I started doing some heavier posting. I finally managed to purchase two vital pieces of equipment that I have needed for years. Yes folks... I now have a very nice Milling Machine and Lathe. You can see my projects on the main OUPower.com website for all of the
information and updates on those items.

Needless to say it caused a sort of re-invigoration in me. -Thank goodness! :) And I kicked my butt into gear for some much needed improvements. The site has received a much needed facelift. The forum has definitely been updated with some greatly improved software. The blog has been added so that I can quickly and easily disseminate information to you. I even have Youtube Videos online now. Yes ...can you believe it. :)

Anyway, there is much more to come as I ramp up my work and start getting back into the swing of things. But I just wanted to take this opportunity to say hello again to all of you. If you haven't entirely given up on me I have some really cool things that I'm going to be working on and posting about (some already started) over this coming year. With my new pieces of machine equipment I plan on finally getting down to prototyping my engine design (yes you heard correctly!) that I developed back in 2003. I also have a vertical Axis windmill design that I plan on prototyping and let's not forget the Hydroxy research. I have some new friends that work on RACE-CARS (yes you heard correctly) for a summertime hobby and we're going to be doing some really cool work on that end.

Life is going to get exciting once again here at OUPower. I, as always will post everything that I do for you to see and critique or replicate. All I ask is that you give me the chance to prove to you that there is still a lot of good we can do for Clean Energy Technology Research here on OUPower. I need people to help me develop (that's YOU!) and you can in turn use me and OUPower.com for the home that it always was for your posting and discussions.

As always, if you have any suggestions or comments, please let me know. Post them to the General Discussion forum or the Website discussions forum and we'll go from there!
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Bob Boyce » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:39 am

[quote="Chris"]Bob!!! What a wonderful surprise.

I'm sorry that I have been out of the loop for a few years. Life has been crazy but things are getting back to "normal" (is there such a thing??) and I have been doing my work in the shop again lately... Woohoo! -Lots of it actually. Lathe, Mill, WVO, even my electrolyzer work. Getting my new CNC upgrades, working on Windmill prototype ...lots of great stuff.

Bob again it's great to hear from you again. I'll have to give you a ring sometime if you'd like to chat. :)[/quote]
I would love to chat with you on the phone. I can fill you in on what I have been working on, Be forewarned, all is not good news, as I have been thrust into a role of reporting serious earth energy changes to those in DC. Changes that will affect all of humanity. It was my battery charging technology using longitudinal energy (aka dark energy) that led me to discover that the solar systems energy pattern was changing.

Chris, I think you had a lot of us worried about you when you seemed to vanish. Then I locked myself out of this site by updating my email address. I was unable to tell everyone why I couldn't respond.

I also have a mill and lathe in my shop, been ages since I've done machining though. I didn't use it enough to mess with adding CNC to it. My physical lack of energy during my battle with this last bout of cancer had me sidelined for more than 2 years. It took about 100 surgical procedures, and we're hoping it does not return.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby TwoHawks » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Hey Chris,
We (those in my/our little roost) were really excited to receive your email out here. I am really glad you posted this in the forum.
Our heartfelt condolences to you in the wake of your father's passing.
We are glad to see you finding inspiration back into what you are passionate about.

OUPower is a great gift, not only to the grass-roots alternative energy community (if you will), but to the (world) community.
Though I have pretty much only been (able to be) on the sidelines here, and on a few of your worthy peer community places, it is places like these that foster a great deal of hope and strength to be realizing a shared dream of our freedoms in a more balanced and clean engagement with all that sustains us.

Just want to say thank you. Glad you got in touch and that things are looking up.

Best yo you, (and all here),
TwoHawks
TwoHawks

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I finally go the site back up to 100% capacity. I didn't realize it for several weeks but the descriptions were all blank on the regular page. I can't believe no one said anything to me about this. :roll:

Anyway, I now have the descriptions back and the ability for people to update their projects again. Sorry for the delay! -Hope you're all doing well and enjoying the beautiful fall season!
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Jehu » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:06 am

Lol, soz mate. I didn't notice anything. Though admittedly I've only had the forums open in a tab.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Return to Website Operations