[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Anybody have any experience with a Picaxe Microcontroller?

Anybody have any experience with a Picaxe Microcontroller?

Here we will discuss many topics on electronic designs and circuits for various functions. PIC Chip programming has enormous potential in so many applications, that will be included in this forum as well.

Anybody have any experience with a Picaxe Microcontroller?

Postby hydrodude12 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:46 am

Hi, i found out about the Picaxe Microcontroller on this forum a while back. It was a cheap microcontoller that could do what I wanted at the time. Ever since I got it and assembled the board that plugs into my PC that i can program it with, I've had problems. :x

As soon as I plug it in and open the programming software, my computer automatically shuts down and goes into hibernation. When i try to turn it back on, within 30 seconds of pressing the power button it automatically shuts down agian. :shock: In order to get rid of this endless loop of hibernation, i have taken the memory chip battery out of the computer for 2 min. while it is shut off, and then put it back in. THis solves the problem. :D

However, this keeps happening every time i plug it in to program it. If anybody has had any experience with these chips, and has some advice they would be willing to share, feel free. 8)

Or, if nobody has any ideas, could somebody maybe recommend a similar low-cost chip that will get basic tasks done?

Picaxe's website is: http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/ (copy and paste)

if you need anymore info, just reply back and ill get it to you.

Thanks,

Chris
hydrodude12
Regular Poster

Any progress?

Postby SeaMonkey » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:44 am

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby hydrodude12 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:25 am

hydrodude12
Regular Poster

Postby SeaMonkey » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:34 am

Hydrodude12,

I researched the Pic microcontroller family of devices several years ago as I had a project in mind. It never materialized but I do still have all the data booklets.

After going to their UK website via the link you provided I believe I have an idea which of the interfaces you're using.

I'd be interested in knowing whether you're operating through the serial port of your computer or through the USB with the serial adapter.

The symptoms you described in your first posting would seem to indicate either a software bug or some strange hardware quirk.

Yes, please fill me in on the details of your setup.

I would imagine their customer service should be top notch. Have you discovered whether they have available any technical assistance venues.

I'll have another look at their site to see if there's a hook.

Ah yes, click on the Technical Support tab on the left margin of the page link you provided and it'll take you to the access page for the forum and Frequently Asked Questions, etc...

I suspect you'll find an answer to your very unusual problem there!

Please let us all know how you progress and whether you need any additional assistance.
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby hydrodude12 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:29 pm

hydrodude12
Regular Poster

Return to Electronics, Circuits & PIC Chips