[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Hydrogen efficiency

Hydrogen efficiency

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Hydrogen efficiency

Postby eco » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:47 pm

Hi,
I think that is wrong if we compare our gas production with Faraday's low.
We must calculate using hydrogen energy.
For exs.
If we have good production of 2Wh/L,that means 2KWh for 1000 lit,or 1 cubic meter of Oxyhydrogen,that means 3KWh for 1 cubic meter of hydrogen -1000 lit.
When 1000L of hydrogen is burning produce 3,33 or 3.5 KWh of energy.
That means we must compare our 3KWh with 3.33 or 3.5KWh.
If compare with 3.33KWh our electrolyser efficiency is 91%,and if compare with 3.5KWh our elecrtolyser has efficiency of 86%.
If we compare with Faraday's low our efficiency is aprox. 150% :roll:
eco
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:37 am

You have that backwards eco. If the combustion energy is higher than the formation energy, then you are over 100% efficiency. In other words, you are spending less energy to form the H2 than you get from burning it.

The last measurements I had made were 1.68 Wh/l and 140% power efficiency.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:44 am

Hi Bob,
For 1.68Wh/L did you use some elecronic(frequency resonator,harmonic resonator or ,...)???
eco
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:46 pm

Nope, straight DC into the 70 cell unit. That was at 8 liters per minute, not warmed up much yet. The 70 cell unit is dismantled now to add some more stuff to it.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:57 pm

Hey Bob

For your 7 cell electrolyer do you use a current contoller or on your 7 cell(6"x 6")electrolyser or you only directely connect on 13.8 V and use 10-11 AMPS.For my electrolyser which has demensions 6"x 8" would I get the same results if I drop the level of elecrolite lower.This way the surface of the plates in my electrolyser under electrolite would be the same as yours.

Eco
eco
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:06 pm

It was connected directly to automotive DC through an ammeter to measure current. A DVM was connected to measure terminal voltage at the unit.

Dave donated that 16 slot multicell prototype to the watercar museum. I equipped it with 8 new plates for a 7 cell configuration. James said he is going to set it up as a working demonstration model with a bubbler and a power source.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Hi Bob

I calculated how much your plates are submarined in water.Your plates are
6"x 6" your plates are inserted into plexiglass slots 1/4" deep(3 sides).The elecrolyte is not filled all the way to the top but it is filled up 1" below the top,this means(5.5"x4.75")=26.125 square inches.
Am I correct? My question is: If I lower the level in my electrolyser(8x6)would I get 26.125 square inches like you,do you think the production of gas will be as much as yours?I am asking all this because I am trying to avoid current regalation because every electronic unit wastes extra energy.

Thanks
Eco
:idea: :?:
eco
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:32 am

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:02 am

eco
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:35 am