[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Pure hydrogen production and storage

Pure hydrogen production and storage

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Pure hydrogen production and storage

Postby bababa1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:34 pm

I want to make pure hydrogen gas and store it in a small propane container. Approximately one kilo or more at something like 2000 to 4000 p.s.i. No pure hho because it's too dangeurous to stock in a tank under pressure. After that if we succeed, then i will construct a bi-fuel motorcycle, hydrogen + gasoline.

Any ideas, or methods. I heard or some folks using aluminium powder and some other stuff that mix with water in a container but i don't know where to find these stuff.

Is there a gadjet that can filtrate the oxygen out of normal hho produced by conventionnal electric electrolysis ?

I already bought gasoline fuel injectors, gaseous bosch hydrogen injectors, a haltech platinum 500 programmable engine management unit.
But i still need much more stuff like fuel lines and fuel pump and sensors, wide band controllers, etc.

I need to construct an engine dynamometer and find a way to measure the engine horsepower with a computer before and after the hydrogen modification, and all the way while retuning the engine
i don't give a dam about chevrolet, nissan, epa, nasa, us army, canadian goverment, exxon shareholders, swiss banks and ufo's
bababa1

Membrane Cell

Postby SeaMonkey » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:01 pm

It is relatively easy to construct a membrane
cell where the hydrogen and oxygen are
liberated in separate compartments. The
gases are output from opposite sides of the
cell for easy collection and storage.

Hydrogen can be produced in large quantity
by chemical means. This was done during
WWI for the purpose of filling manned
observation balloons. Also during the Civil War.

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby bababa1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:41 pm

I said a method to produce pure hydrogen gas and put that in a propane container at 2000 to 4000 p.s.i. Do someone here ever did that ? I guess you just talk, LOL.
i don't give a dam about chevrolet, nissan, epa, nasa, us army, canadian goverment, exxon shareholders, swiss banks and ufo's
bababa1

Pressurized Hydrogen

Postby SeaMonkey » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:24 am

It's unlikely that anyone has pressurized
Hydrogen to that pressure. Hydrogen
cylinders are made from a special alloy
that resists Hydrogen embrittlement and
thus are quite expensive.

Most who use hydrogen rarely have a need
to pressurize at more than 200 psi. The
vast majority produce it for use 'on demand'
as they need it, at even lower pressure.
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:09 am

Yeah, I would hate to store H at them pressures in a propane cylinder. H will just leak straight through the metal.

Here are a few easy ways to make H on demand and in great quantities though the reaction is basically unstoppable till the materials are exausted.

1. make a solution of NaOH in water and then add Al scrap peices. Hydrogen is evolved.

2. drop galvanised iron into 30% H2SO4.

actually, you can drop alot of different metals into H2SO4 and it will produce H. You can do the same with HCl but you will want to pass the gas through a NaOH scrubber as clourine is evolved as well.

or you can go for a gas even hotter.

Add Calcium Carbide to water and Acetelyne gas will be produced. Acetelyne burns the hottest of all known gasses when combined with oxygen.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby bababa1 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:17 pm

ok then acetylene interess me, where can i find calcium carbide ? how can i fill a respectable quantity of it in a propane container ? do someone here ever did that or it's just a head f*&k website..
bababa1

Postby chemelec » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 am

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby bababa1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:49 pm

bababa1

Postby bababa1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:48 pm

bababa1

Postby Jehu » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:00 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby bababa1 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:06 pm

bababa1

Postby SeaMonkey » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:41 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 pm

umm, bababa1, that is exactly what we are doing here, answering your questions
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby clflyguy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:24 am

Yeah, your giving him BS answers, that's the problem. Fist of all industry has been using bottled hydrogen for a hundred years in plain old steel cylinders just like compressed oxygen, helium, CO2, argon & on & on yada yada. The "special alloys" are johny come lately's to the scene. It isn't any big freakin deal to compress H2 to 2000psi in a steel bottle, it's done every day all across the world with no greater risk than O2 at the same pressure.

Bababa1- If you are still interested I'll give you the design and information for an efficient separation type dry cell tomorrow, got to hit the sack now, it's late.
"The race is not always to the swiftest, but to those that keep on running."
clflyguy

Postby SeaMonkey » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:52 am

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis