[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - cell wiring

cell wiring

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

cell wiring

Postby JimTech » Sun May 16, 2010 10:13 pm

I am building a 6 cell electrolyzer.
I understand the wiring of the cell, but i have few questions.

first of all, should I run the cells in series or parallel.
I originally intended on running them in series
I was doing this so i would be using about 2 volts per cell.

I then came to the realization that you actually need about 2 volts PER cell gap

I figured that i need 84.4 volts for the whole electrolyzer.

to achieve this voltage, i planned on installing the following components in this order

battery>circuit breaker>relay>PWM>inverter>bridge rectifier

This would convert 12v DC to 110v AC to 100v DC. this would provide me with my needed 84.4 volts. if there is something wrong with the way im doing this or its just not possible, please help/tell me.

Im sorry i couldn't attach a picture of my wiring. I am not familiar with linking photos so if anybody has info on that, please share.

Thanks,
Jimmy
JimTech

Postby chemelec » Mon May 17, 2010 9:24 am

What do you consider as a "Cell Gap"?

In Series, 6 cells would be 7 plates. (+ N N N N N -)
And at 2 volts per cell = 12 volts.
If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby JimTech » Mon May 17, 2010 3:52 pm

sorry, i did this kind of late last night and i was tired.

i have six cells. each containing 7 plates. 5 of them are neutral. a "cell" gap was actually supposed to be plate gap.

I hope that clears things up.
JimTech

Postby chemelec » Tue May 18, 2010 9:28 am

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis