[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - how to: plate conditioning

how to: plate conditioning

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

how to: plate conditioning

Postby JimTech » Sun May 09, 2010 2:39 pm

I have been experimenting with HHO for about 2 years now. I have finally decided to install a unit in my car. all my supplies will be in my hands by the end of may.

Before I install my electrolyzer in my car, I have to condition the plates. I have read various ways to do this and would like to form a list or method of conditioning plates.

here is what I have so far:
1: sand plates in criss-cross pattern.
this forms micro-mountains on the plates increasing surface area of the plates

2. let plates sit in solution of NaOH(about 10%) and HOT(almost boiling) water until water reaches room temperature.
this cleans the plates

3. rinse with distilled water.
this removes caustic material from surface of plates

4. let sit in distilled white vinegar for 12 hours.

5. rinse with distilled water.

6. set polarity of plates by wrapping wire around plates. and touching to battery. mark plates so they are assembled in the same order.
electrolysis is not just an electrical process, but it is also a magnetic one

7. assemble cell being careful not to scratch plates

8. let cell run for.....this is where I need help!

i dont know how much power to apply, or for how long, what to look for or anything like that.

What i believe you do, is run the cell full power until brown scum stops forming. this means the iron has leached out of the stainless steel so it is more corrosion resistant.

please help me with this process. It will help me and many others without the knowledge of this process.
JimTech

Re: how to: plate conditioning

Postby chemelec » Sun May 09, 2010 5:38 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby JimTech » Tue May 11, 2010 7:53 pm

4, 5, and 6 were just a little extra. i dont think they did much. and i forgot to mention the gloves.

thanks for the information on the current of the cell. i wasnt sure if i should run it full power or not.

yeah, but removing the surface iron should reduce the time it takes to dirty up the water.
JimTech

Postby mos68x » Wed May 12, 2010 10:27 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis