[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - What circuit do I use for an EFIE and PWM modules?

What circuit do I use for an EFIE and PWM modules?

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby resident_genius » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:23 am

canpower- i've heard of EFIE's that either amplify the existing signal coming out of the 02 sensor, and i've heard of EFIE's that simply replace the 02 sensor altogether- rendering the one on the vehicle useless.

manipulating the signal from the existing 02 sensor can be useful, and safer, in my opinion, but it brings with it tuning issues.

using an EFIE that altogether replaces the 02 sensor altogether is in my opinion, the way to go. the EFIE has to oscillate a signal from around 0.2 DCV to 0.8 DCV rather quickly, a few times a second i believe.

my car has been seeing gains with just a booster setup, see the link in my profile ().

a third option that works for some and is ENTIRELY cheaper and simpler is the spark-plug non-fouler option. it essentially takes the 02 sensor out of the direct exhaust stream. now for some, it throws a check engine light. if your car determines that the 02 sensor is acting faulty or whatever, it may run in "open loop", a fail-safe mode that enables a person to drive a vehicle while an important sensor is failing. typically, a lot of extra fuel is used, however its a fail safe mode, not a "drive me like this forever" mode.

i'd say get some reliable numbers on fuel milage and consumption. start writing down your figures and establish a baseline. in the meantime, start building a cell to your liking. i built mine entirely from $1.38 SS wall switch plates (Smacks booster style plates) and it works excellent.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby canpower » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:05 am

canpower

Postby chemelec » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:35 am

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:42 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis