[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - the brute force solution!

the brute force solution!

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby paul » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:58 pm

paul
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:43 pm

This has been tried, it does work extremely well, and has been posted, mentioned here hundreds of times, and for some reason....is largely ignored.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:19 pm

it might be that a electric vacume pump is hard to find , I have tried
the auto parts stores and they dont have them available and they say that the older large cars like chryslers used to use them for the vacume to run the old style vacume powered windshield wiper motors.

it should be a great way to produce more HHO and might just allow for 100% HHO engines vs the HHO supplements currently used.

would you happen to know where one could be purchased?
paul
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:26 pm

I though I would add this , I have seen on youtube where people have
tried putting one of the small 12 volt compressors inside a 5 gallon bucket
to produce a vacume.

I wonder if they survived the experiments for any long period. LOL

it looks very dangerous to me as a spark could turn the 5 gallon bucket into a bomb.
paul
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Been a while since I've logged in and looked at anything. It's nice to see that you have gotten further on your project and yes I've been keeping up with it better since I've subscribed to your channel in youtube. Still looking forward to seeing your next video posted on your progress.

I do have a favor to ask though...can you email me again I have a question I'd like to ask.

leonrathburn @ yahoo . com
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 pm

An even bigger problem with the Vacuum Pump, is now the Power required to run the Pump.

This adds to reducing the overall efficiency of doing the electrolysis.
If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby paul » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:34 pm

paul
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:32 am

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

What Chip are you Using?

Postby RickR » Mon May 03, 2010 7:13 pm

RG, What "chip" or "device" are you using? The link to item you got off Ebay has expired. (I have been out of the loop for quite a while and just found your thread) Any information you could throw up here would be most appreciated!

What you are doing looks much better than the PMW drivers from the day.
The main reason I moved away from "Electrolysis" was due to simply to much current to make it worthwhile.

I need to drag out all my stuff and hit it again.

Thanks for the inspiration and hopefully you can clarify for me just what the heck the low voltage, constant current "chip" exactly is!

Good to see most all are still alive and kicking!

BTW: This is actually my first post (I've always just "lurked")

Thanks in advance!

Rick
RickR

Postby mos68x » Mon May 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Hey res, you got any updates on your cells in the car?? I'm in the process of just about completely redesigning mine so I'll post up later once I've got them complete. I think I'm going the direction of the high voltage series design this time since I'll have enough plates to try it. I'm just working on deburring my plates so that I won't have any metal exposed through the Weld-On 16 that I'll be applying in the ports.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:42 am

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Re: the brute force solution!

Postby resident_genius » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:21 am

hey guys.

its been forever.

i still have that system. my chips were from power-one. they were 0-25 amp, 0.77-5.5DCV analog point of load converters.

they worked excellent on my car. i got an extra 100 miles per fuel tank.

now, i DO NOT KNOW FOR 150% certain if they raised the efficiency of my cells, but it sure seemed to increase gas output. my cells were running around 2.7DCV @ 20-25 amps each and only drawing 15-20 amps from the vehicle. i no longer have the mercedes.

however, i never had a good enough dry cell to really test out, my homemade cells were inadequate. they were the yt- something series. the closest ones i could find on the website, are. i dont think these are regularlly sold to the public. i dont know. i went straight to the source.

i called the president of the local distributorship, told him how and why it works and how it was a very promising technology. he sent me five chips to beta test. i still have four of them. two are soldered to a chip in a failed attempt to put them both on a smaller board, and two are still bolted to my HHO generator box.

the only reason i stopped tinkering with HHO is that it is far easier and simpler to achieve improved fuel milage of this magnitude (read: small) by any number of means.

shutting off your alternator when the battery is fully charged and running a dual battery setup with small solar trickle charger.

or superhumid air injection.

or water-methanol injection.

or, just about anything, like removing weight.

HHO cells are a pain in the ass. now granted, i was using lowes-sourced parts that would quite obviously fail prematurely when exposed to the heat and extreme alkaline environment, but still. if i would have gotten some good cells, it would have stayed on my car until i got rid of it.

these chips were increddible! on-the-fly, dial in your cells and monitor them closely. i had three ammeters installed- one- overall system consumption, and one per cell. i had emergency shutdown switches, fuses with indictators, thermal circuit breakers, etc. i could monitor and adjust the cells while driving from my handheld master control box.

bottom line- adding a 15-20A load to my car's alternator was still showing slight but noticable gains in fuel economy.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Oliveber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:01 pm

how did this work out for you?
Oliveber

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:27 am

Hey guys it's Chris,

Is anyone monitoring this Brute Force Electrolysis thread? I just got my v6 Electrolyzer out the other day and fired it up. I should get some video. Man I miss this stuff. If anyone is still interested, I'd love to spark up conversation here. No pun intended!
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis