[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby haroldcr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:20 am

Mos, we had a SS product business for 18 years. We cut all our 14 & 16 gauge 304 on an upright bandsaw. I just added more step pulleys and slowed down the blade speed.

Use Bi-metal blades and rub beeswax on the blade, occasionally.

I would cut up several sheets 4 X 8, into pieces, before needing to change blades. Curves was what dulled the blades. Might ask around for someone to do it that way, or get a cheap saw and do it yourself.

Just needed to touch up the edges with a sanding belt machine. SS is tough, not hard.
Haroldcr
haroldcr
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:43 am

I'll take pictures of the new plates and you'll see why I'm choosing to use laser, it's just a lot less hassle and frustration. Besides you can't just start a cut right in the middle of the metal with a bandsaw and I don't have the room to drill holes in the spot that is cut out.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:42 pm

I might as well just stick with the local place I had cut my plates since GEMVIS now quoted me for about 25% more than they did last time. Soon as I'm done with this DITY move I'll be able to tell how much money I have available to do that.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:33 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:14 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:52 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:27 am

i give you the utmost respect on your project however my perspective on this apparatus is "why not use a dc-dc converter like i do?" you could draw ten amps(or less) from the vehicles system and flood your cell with 40 amps @ only a few volts.....*shrugs*....just seems more efficient to me.

forgive me, thinking out loud.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:22 pm

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:08 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:57 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:48 am

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:46 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:58 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:40 am

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Power Control Unit

Postby tallballs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Persistence will overcome all obstacles.
tallballs

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis