[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby resident_genius » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:38 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:22 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:30 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:50 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:19 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:12 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:25 am

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:33 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:53 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:16 am

Hey guys, I'm back again for an update. I have the motor back together now and I'm just waiting to tune the choke on the new carburetor and then tune the rest of the carburetor. I still haven't bolted the carb down for sure yet since I'm still trying to figure out a way to get my nitrous plate under the carb so that I can easily add the hydroxy to the motor and still have it look somewhat normal. I still have to change some of the fittings on the cell so that I can use it in the car with the limited room that I will have. I also have some extended time with the family and the project since I'm temporarily on the non-deployable list thanks to the army from a few years ago, so I might be able to get to the point of getting it into the car if I'm lucky.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Well as of right now I'm permanently on the non-deployable list thanks to the doctor this morning and they also said that they will either medically board or medically retire me. This really puts me in a bind though so it looks as though I'll be pushing on this some more, at least to get it to booster stage. I've got nitrous plate under the carb with no issues so now I have a point of entry to the motor that will be very consistant between cylinders. Now I'll be focusing on getting more plates and working on getting a working PMA for just the cell since it'll draw more amps than I want off the normal circuitry. I am still planning on using Bob's PWM3G, but since I still haven't actually hooked it up to cell I can't make any claims or even say how much my current will be off the normal alternator. I could hook my cell up the way it is right now, but I still need to at least get a resevior for it and a couple bubblers.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:10 pm

I finally sold my pistons and rods so I just ordered 101 plates for my dry cell. I will be using revision 4 plates now, in hopes for better flow and a cleaner cell at the bottom where the sediment collects. I'm looking to buy some nitric acid to passivate the plates before I start the conditioning process. All I have to do is order the material for my gaskets now, although I haven't decided if I want to spend the money to have them cut them for me as well to keep the sizes repeatable or if I want to go through the ass pain of doing it myself again.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:48 pm

This is interesting, I just converted over to Mac from PC and it is certainly different. I just have to learn all the differences and figure out what software is for what. But so far I'm liking this new laptop a lot more than I liked any of my old windows/PC based ones.

Been looking at different types of materials lately since I've been trying to buy new material for my gaskets. I wanted to buy the 100% pure virgin PTFE electrical grade 1/32 thick sheets, but McMaster Carr has stopped selling that material so now I have to find new material to use. Since I spent a lot of time looking at the lists they had and then also comparing each of their strengths and weakness' I think that I have decided to use an SBR rubber bonded paper fiber material. It's cheap and it claims to be resistant to chemicals and water, and it also claims to have excellent dielectric properties.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:47 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/PMA-12-350VDC-Perma ... 414a8333f4

Just found these PMA's on ebay and asked them if they would build one that would go down as far as 1.5-2.5 volts. If they wouldn't build one that would go down that far I also asked if they would sell just the armature they have have.
mos68x
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis