[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Another Replication

Another Replication

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Another Replication

Postby Bob Boyce » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:02 pm

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby clone477 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:55 pm

clone477
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:17 pm

Hey Bob,

My design was 99% similar
eco :) :) :)
eco
Regular Poster

Postby dkmacmillan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:02 pm

The link works fine, but you do have to be a member. Join, lots of cool stuff inside.
dkmacmillan

yes

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:11 pm

you can join but it looks like its getting full again.joining enables you to recieve message notifications
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby dkmacmillan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:14 pm

Eco, I think yours is more efficient. You made 1.5 LPM? This one makes .8 LPM.
dkmacmillan

Postby Bob Boyce » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:28 pm

There's a couple of reasons for the lower hydroxy gas output. His unit has less plate surface area, his electrolyte temperature is not up to full stable operating temperature (36 C vs 60 C), and he is using NaOH vs KOH. His electrolyte concentration still needs to be optimized. Still, not bad at all for an early run.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

yes

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:32 pm

thats all gr8!!!! wish someone could take the the time in a step by step detail so the rest of us could walk through it.this stuffs perty frustrating all a lone in the garage. :cry:
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:36 pm

Hi Ken,
Hi is using 6.4A for 0.8l/min.My electrolyser using 7A for 0.8l/min.I think we have aprox.some efficiency. 10-11amp for 1.4-1.5l/min
We have the best proffesor :wink:
eco
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:55 pm

Hey Kevin ,
don't be sad and don't cry.You have garage for work.I made my electrolyser
in living room.My wife told me:"next time I will kill you.
eco
Regular Poster

lol

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:10 pm

8) i have my stuff on the back porch running to garage and back and forth but thats really not the problem.my problem is actually knowing a materials list,knowing exactly what to cut where to cut what to find what to buy.how exactly to put together ahh its just been a slow process and gas just keeps going up.i needed a unit up yesterday if ya know what i mean. i have plenty of steel.i'm not really wanting to just take the cheap way out for most times the cheap way out costs more in the long run.mostly alot of time.rain has cleared up now and im off to work tomorrow so i'll only have nights to work on the reactor now.main thing for me now is :I have my steel -----what next------ :wink:
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:42 pm

Probably you don't have life experience with hand-work,and you need time.Make plan in your head,and go step by step.Read instruction 10 times if you need.you must be staid.Don't be jumpy.I now,you have lot of steel and your subcommittee make you sick.
Do you how much tim I spent for this letter?? 20min

take your time :) :) :) :wink:
eco
Regular Poster

Postby adam666 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:37 am

theres a good little step-by-step in the group messages if you join!

shows u various stages of build etc.
adam666
Regular Poster

ok

Postby kevinsatterfield » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:54 am

I now see how simple it is.....after reading so much of everyones diffrent thoughts and design i just could'n see what i was looking at. :D glad i stayed up late 2 nite!!!!and i cant belive how simple that is........
now........ 'bout those electrical things.......... :P :? :shock:
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

eco

Postby kevinsatterfield » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:56 am

oh yeah.....thanks Eco (for saving me some$$$$$)
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis