[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Brian Martin Cell

Brian Martin Cell

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Brian Martin Cell

Postby mrgalleria » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:52 am

Aloha,
I dislike starting new topics. I did a search but found no discussion of this Brian Martin Cell design.
Please check out this link for a very promising cell design-
http://www.panaceauniversity.org/Bryan% ... 20Cell.pdf
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

No answer, may be holly days

Postby juanito » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:39 pm

juanito
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:50 pm

its interesting- thats for sure- however..... its really no different than any other neutral plate cell, electrically speaking- and there is surely some current leakage, however, his configurationmay minimize said current leakage.

maybe chemelec could lead some insight as to the possibilites of that design limiting current leakage?

and juanito- the only two water additives (in my book) are sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide. baking soda is not a good choice. i am kind of frustrated as to [i] why[i] people choose to use baking soda..... these chemicals are not that hard to get, unless you live in a rather remote part of the world where such chemicals are hard to get...even then, theyre commonly used in plumbing cleaners, and a number of them. why in the world would we want to use baking soda?
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

may be because make buubles..

Postby juanito » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:08 pm

I think that is the main reason, and i have a bounch of potassium hydroxide pellets, but ran out of stainless steel and money to keep doing my device, the last one was a big one with spyral cell.

hehe lots of amps in there, low gas.

Juanito
juanito
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:39 pm

wait wait, how could you be out of money for ss? smacks plates are $1.38 each at the hardware store (lowes)
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

hehe, simple math

Postby juanito » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:10 pm

Ok, lets see, your plates cost 1.38, now lets multiply that times 14, that is the currency of dollars, so that makes 19.23 each plate, and if you use at least 9, that is 173, and not counting the circuit board andthat I earn 43 pesos a day when there is a job, which I don´t have right now, that is why i am at the internet cafe, I am taking care to save money and earn a few pesos to eat something.

And that math doesn´t include that th eSS price here is ridiculous, it is over charged and hard to get, even on scrap yards.

I will stay here in My country, studying, and doing some works for my comunity, I won´t go to strange lands to be a pain in the but and steal other peoples economy, as a wetback, I live here, I have to solve the problems here. I am not a crminal who goes without permission to other people´s home, as their country is. I have no permission to go to other country as USA, (no visa)and have no money for transport to Canada or other nice countries where there are decent jobs and apreciate people.

When I used to travel to USA, was on vacations, and inmediateley come back to my country, it is a temptation to stay there and earn 14 times or 10 times more than here, but that is wrong if you don´t have permission to do that.

So, that simple, hehehe,

Regards

Juanito
juanito
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Aloha,
Hola Juanito. Yo tengo mucho S.S. Tu quiro algo? Que medida y que quantos? e mail- mrgalleria1953@gmail.com
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:34 pm

Aloha,
Juanito- gratis. If you or your people come here, they are not truly criminals. Many people don't seem to understand that this country became so great and powerful because it took extra-ordinary people to leave everything in search of their dreams who came here. And so it was that extra-ordinary people formed this country as a result.

What Juanito said is true. Many things we take for granted getting a good price on, even free. All my SS is acquired without cost.
But in third world countries, even garbage has value. My wife used to go door to door in El Salvador asking for newspapers, which she in turn sold in the market. This supplied her with enough money to keep her from starving.
We can buy a drill or blender here cheap, if it breaks, we throw it away and buy another. In El Salvador the money is only dollars, and any thing that can be repaired is. And a blender there new may cost twice what it costs here. Many items must pass through many hands before reaching their final destination. As a result, each person gets a commission. That is one of many reasons why things can be so expensive in third world countries.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Nice to read that

Postby juanito » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:26 pm

It is nice to read comments like yours, thank you, But seems that the Consul of the american ambassy, where 3 years ago I went to ask for a tourist visa think different, he even call me criminal because he ask me some Social Security Pink Paper, who I had to fill by myself, (we all do, because you have to writte by yourself if need the paperwork fast) and he called someone else and thread me to "CONFEs" my crime, because I was counterfiting or making funny papers, and that was a crime.

I was dissapointed of that country, I respect people, I respect the law, I am the first one that thinks that if I go to another country, without the propper respect, as go and ask for permission that is a crime, I firmly belive in that, not because we are neighbors I have the right to go to your backyard anytime, without asking your permission, and that is exactly whay my country fellas do all the time, go without permisssion and jepardizes your economy with lower fees, and tax avoidances, that is a crime. They didn´t respect that I recpect them all the time,no litter, no ilegal substances, no troubles, and no tax return ever. And there is nothing to defend myself.

I used to go every 3 years to USA, and when my visa expired, that was normal to me to ask for permission again and that was shocking, nobody ever called me criminal, and besides, they charged me USD$100 to be called criminal, and they kept my money and don´t gave me the visa.

I just wanted to spend 15 days on vacations, I can not handle more, the food is so diferent, and I can not stand that much longer, besides, I don´t have all that money to spend on that country, so a few days looking at the beautyfull girls on Santa Monica, traveling on the train, going to shopping malls, go to auto shows, eat diferent food, know people from all over the world and their cultures, I mean, you see everyone from all over the world really without going to Africa, Europe, countries like India, Russia, etc,those are my activities, not expensive and pretty open minders.

Who is the criminal? They stoled my money, I asked for permission, and was denied, Ok, you are on your right, no problem.

Now, you are right, even garbage cost so much here and we are not able to use it, as SS. it is ridiculous the price, and yes, people have to look for newspaper, cardboard, aluminum, etc,and now the people are stealing water measurers, who are made of copper or brass, i think, to go to scrapyards and sell them with copper wiring from streets as aluminum from high voltage lines.

Now, about the SS for free,that is not all true, just think about this: How much will I pay for the freight from your wonderfull land in the middle of the Pacific, to my place?

If I can save that money, I rather go there and visit you, stay a fwe days working on my cell and come back with a new friend.

Thanks any way, and you are welcome to visit Mexico any time, you and all people in this forum are wellcome, I have time enough to show you the hole country, the beautyfull beaches of the caribean, the anicent lands and historical buildings in the center, Strange lands southbound, deserts, mountains, forest, jungle, swamps,lakes,and anything you can imagine, and at 1/10 of the cost heheh, as our economy is now 14 times less than USA.

Now at some other part on this forum, I got a link to produce and use methane, and I have people living among hundreds of cows and no electricity, so I may go there and bring some dual fuel generators and start saving to go and visit Hawai.

Regards

Juanito
juanito
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:58 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:24 pm

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby haroldcr » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Haroldcr
haroldcr
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:17 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:12 pm

Aloha,
Getting back on topic.
Within less than 24 hours after reading about the Brian Martin design, I had built a smaller version. I already had all of the materials on hand. I wanted something that would fit inside 3" ABS pipe, so it is 2"x6".
Using 1 tea. lye to a gallon filtered water, the WFC runs at 10 amps. The plates were not properly conditioned. Both terminals get hot within a few minutes. Measured output using the bottle in a bath method provided about 1 liter in 4 minutes.
It would thus be a good idea to build the cell with more surface area, and use less electrolyte with 12 DC. It is said this cell will run on tap water.
Using local tap water that was first heated to boil out the chlorine brought the following results;
Very light bubbling with about 1/4 or less amps on start up with water already warm.
Remember that water taken from various locations and times will have potentially different ph., which will change the results.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:54 pm

galleria-

how was the output from each of the parts of the cell?im suspecting that neutral cell wouldnt put out the way it is said to- but i'd be happily corrected if i'm wrong.

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis