[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Hydrogenworld 1200v @ 42,8Mhz @ .001mA

Hydrogenworld 1200v @ 42,8Mhz @ .001mA

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby saisunee » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:00 am

saisunee
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:01 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby saisunee » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:22 am

saisunee
Regular Poster

Postby saisunee » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:00 pm

saisunee
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:51 pm

Humm, interesting. If you can, could you get me some specs on that coil? Inductance ratings, number of windings, length and width of core please?

I don't know how the secondary would be connected by having it betwee the laminations because core laminations are usually coated with enamel to prevent eddy currents. Interesting.

Well anyway, you have proved me wrong about the frequency then. Only 600Hz huh? Cool. Oh well, you earn something new everyday.

Btw, how old was the coil? And did you make sure that when you removed the core that you didn't damage the coil coating?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:55 pm

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby saisunee » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:53 am

saisunee
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:37 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:28 am

Aloha,
I too have been playing with this, but was waiting to post when I had some results.
No results yet, but I can share the following.

I did some research on electromagnetism. This link talks about building an air coil. The important thing here is the Brooks coil. It describes the
best designs in an air coil. It may be possible Alaskastar's design could be improved by putting multiple shorter coils on the tube verses one long coil.
http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Workshop/ad ... coils.html

Another thing I have been testing are old electric motor coils. For example, an old washing machine motor can be had free, and has a large opening in the center. 3" ABS/PVC will easily fit inside.
I found an old 1/6hp-3450 RPM, 4.5 amp motor which will hold a 2" pipe.
It has a very strong magnetic field with 12 volts.

In my tests, I run an auto headlight in series, to absorb heat and regulate current. I would have to assume running an electric motor in series would cause a frequency in the current flow.

I have added 150 tea. lye to one gallon of water and not yet reached saturation.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:11 am

I was thinking the same thing with multiple coils. Actually if you look carefully at the pics in AlaskaStars folder, you can see that there is more than one coil.

If you had say 3 coils spaced along the tube, this could give small zones of a higher flux density. This might have an effect on production. You could also wind sat 3 coils together and make them as a 3-phase arrangement, each pulsing 120degrees out of phase with each other. This would keep the field lines effectivly pulsing in both directions at once and at the maximum flux density with only a small ripple on both sides of the ZCP (Zero Crossing Point).

We are looking at making atomic sized electrodes here so having multiple opposing EM fields may help with what we are trying to accomplish.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby saisunee » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:51 am

This is what I am reading. Can someone please clarify……..

Inductance is not affected by current .(statement from Mrgalleria's link)

Strength of magnetic field in solenoid calculated using; N= turn density, k= permeability (sodium is 0.72) and I= current.
Scroll down for calculator.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hb ... id.html#c1

Are we aiming for high inductance or high “mmfâ€
saisunee
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:41 am

Yes, the MMF is affected by current as with that equasion you posted.

Atm I don't think we really know what exactly is needed as far as current, flux density, MMF, ect is needed. We do know that what we need is that we must induce voltage and current into the NaOH. The correct combination to get it to run at it's best will need a fair bit of experimentation, but atleast we know that it will work to a certain extent over a broad range so it's not like we have to get it exactly right the first time.

Could you post up a photo of the setup you made?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby saisunee » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:50 am

i have the photos. i have applied for a projects page so will be able to post them if granted.

br
nee
saisunee
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:56 am

Cool.

Chris. Grant this man a project page quick!
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby saisunee » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Just did a couple of more trials to defiantly prove the coil was coupling with the sodium and now I’m not so sure it was.

Because the coil was submerged in the solution I wanted to disprove that the H2 was coming from the electrical connections. Also what would happen if the AC current was fed directly to the SOH solution.

1/ Running from the alternator and solely the wires into the SOH solution pulled 22amps, hydrogen was produced from wire ends, as the solution heated up the amount of H2 increased. The amount of H2 produced was far greater than with the coil connected.
2/ Same set up as above but wires into tap water only…..No H2 produced, no amps drawn from alternator.
3/ same set up as in 1/ but 12v DC battery feed. Pulled 9amps and produced twice as much gas, HHO, as in 1/.

I cannot now confirm that the coil was coupling with the solution. But the AC current into the SOH solution did produce H2. but not as efficiently as normal electrolysis.

Br
Nee
saisunee
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis