[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Wiring Tests In Here

Wiring Tests In Here

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Wiring Tests In Here

Postby Hybrid » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:45 am

I searched series vs parallel & the results are in many threads.
Can We post Our wiring results in this thread for future searches.
I haven't made my cell/s, but would apreciate if someone with a
plate cell could wire it up "this way" & take note of the plate bubbles.
( I'm a strong believer of "Faster" splitting of H-H-O via plate ratio )
The wiring is - + - N - + - N - + - N - + - N - + - N - + - N - + -
This is 7 pos & 14 negs & (6 unwired neutrals)
The 2 End negs won't produce H on the outside. We all know this.
All these positives will shed O bubbles on each side.
All these neutrals (to my way of thinking) will act as negs.
I'm not expecting the neutrals to make as much H as the wired negs.
To me, All surfaces will shed bubbles, bar the 2 outer negs !
Wiring for 1 cell only, would be all the pos linked in parallel to 13.8v
This would be around 1.97v shared by each pos electrode.
The negs can be parallel or individualy conected to earth.
If I'm guessing right, this should split water quicker with this ratio.
Cheers ![/u]
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Re: Wiring Tests In Here

Postby chemelec » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:17 am

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:57 am

[quote="chemelec]I Really Doubt it will be more efficient.
That cell is just a bunch of small series cell in Parallel.

Nothing special about that.

A proper made 7 plate series cell will work better.
( + n n n n n - )
"With all plates made so No Water Flows around them".

If Water flows around series cell plates, that also causes Current flow around the plates. This bypass current just results in extra heating.[/quote]
Thanks for the reply Chemelec. I understand the bypassing current.
If no water can flow around them, you still don't like the neg ratio ?
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:25 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:31 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:43 pm

I didn't mention the intention of a dry cell. But seeing as I drew one.
This is the cell wiring I was saying.
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:52 pm

sorry to triple post *cough* Chris where's that EDIT function! *cough*

but following my above statement, if you were to follow the path of 7 positive electrodes @ 13.8DCV, dividing an average cell flow of twenty-five overall ampheres, that'd be (25/7=3.57)Ampheres per cell, so thats very low amperage, and you've got a HHO generation to waste heat generation ratio of about 7:1(7 parts waste heat to 1 part HHO), if my math is correct. that puts effeciency in the 14% range. yikes. (above calculations done with 2.0DCV per cell being called the "perfect" voltage per cell) thats 345 total watts, with only 50 watts being put forth into HHO generation.

simply lowering the voltage would be a huge first step in making this cell more effecient..... @ 5VDC, 25 amps, thats 22% effecient... its a start.....
(above calculations done with 2.0DCV per cell being used as "perfect" voltage) this cell is a total of 125 watts, with 50 wats being used for HHO generation....

however lets look at effeciency of a true series cell +NNNNNN-, for example, a 13.8DCV system, seven cells, and for simplicity's sake, lets say no current leakage, and enough cell surface area for 0.25 amps per sq in..... (13.8\7=)1.97DCV per plate. running at 25 ampheres, thats near 95% of electricity being used to run the cell, again- 345 total watts, and about as much being used in actual HHO generation.

as far as making BF (brute force) 'lysers, using three plates(at a time) is the best way to do it. one middle positive and two outer negatives.

in all honesty, the best BF 'lyser is the one daisy chained to six others just like it, in series of course.

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:16 pm

resident_genius I thought bridging pos to pos etc etc in daisy chain is
going to divide the 13.8 by the 7 pos to make 7 shared at 1.97 each.
Another thought I had is to make 7 of these cells, split 1 cable to 7 to
feed each pos equaly & then bridge the 7 main cables as daisy chain.
I hate electrics ;[ To make the cells is not a prob with access to a
programed turret punch at my ex work place. I retired in 1999 but use
the factory to make all my forein orders. resident_genius what would
the wiring need to be ? But I want roughly 2:1 ratio hook or by crook.
I want to make 50 - 70lpm with 7 of these cells.
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:48 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:12 pm

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:35 pm

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:53 pm

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 pm

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:03 pm

your cell would make a pretty effective HHO generator with a few modifications..... instead of a Neutral plate, you could use a peice of acrylic sheet.... the only thing then would be the wasted SS plate area against the acrylic. but if you wanted a single positive, dual negative plate series cell, this is effectively it. this is effectiveyly what i call a "semi-series" cell, a number of brute force electrolysers daisy chained together. your design with my modifications(explained below) takes the concept one step further- it bridges the gap between series and semi-series designs.

what you need to do is:
(1) replace the neutral plate with something that does not conduct electricity....acrylic, plastic, abs, etc.

(2) wiring must be done in this fashion: starting at one end of the cell, you have a single (+) wire. connect this to the first positive terminal. now connect the second positive terminal to the cell before it's two negative terminals.

(3)repeat. the last two (-) are to be joined together , then grounded back to power supply.

i used my near-superpower-like abilities in MS Paint to show you how it must be linked together.... since its a bunch of tiny lines, i used different colors to help ya understand. but any color wire will do- even hot pink ;-) haha.

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:06 pm

resident_genius good to see another MS Paint user ;]
This is what I refered to in the post to Chemelec.
It is 3 lots of Brute force cells that Still includes da N ;]
Regard the green as 1/4" thick perspex to insulate the
end negs per each batch of these cells bolted together.
Can you coment on & maybe MS Paint wiring on this ?
Aim for 2v per sealed cell as you said before.
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis