[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Huck's Theoretical Design

Huck's Theoretical Design

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Huck's Theoretical Design

Postby huck » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 am

I have absolutely no idea how one would create this for a reasonable sum of $$$ but I had a student with decent 3D modeling skills rough out my design.

each 'cell' is a 1" square 6" tall... with a 3/4" square tube in the center...
that's 24 square inches per cell.. with 36 cells... that's

864 square inches of HHO production by my rough calcs.. seems like it could generate a lot...efficiently? I dunno...just something I dreamed up...
huck
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:33 pm

taking a shot at an "on the cheap" construction method...

(14) 8 and 3/4"[W] X 6"[L] X 1/4"[thickness] SS plates
(36) 1/2" X 1/2" X 6 and 1/2" SS bar stock (tapped on the bottom to attach to the...
(1) 8 and 3/4" X 8 and 3/4 x 1/4" SS base plate (so you only have to run one wire to energize all of the 1/2" X 1/2" bars.)
(49) 1/4" X 1/4" X 1/2" non-conductive standoffs (to separate the plates from the bars at the bottom)

starting 1/2" in from the end of each plate make a 1/4" X 3" slot, skip an inch, make another slot... until each of the 14 plates has 7 slots. 7 plates right side up should slide into the other 7 plates upside down until you have an exact structure like your drawing file. Tap a hole somewhere on the periphery for a bolt that can lead to the outside of your housing for power. keeping the grid together might be easily accomplished with a tight fit and some conductive adhesive (it works great for oddball fixture creation on an EDM machine, so why not in a cell?) you can probably use superglue to affix the standoffs at each 1/4" X 1/4" plate intersection on the bottom

tap 36 holes in the base plate so you have a 6X6 grid of 1" spaced holes centered on the base plate. tap one more hole at the edge of the base plate for your other power wire. Bolt on the bars and mount in the enclosure... glue up the bottoms of the standoffs and insert the grid part. Get bolts to the outside of the enclosure for power.

interior dimensions of housing (INTERIOR) to 8 and 3/4" X 8 and 3/4" by 9" and everything should fit perfectly (leaves room above the plates).

just thinking out loud, cool drawing!
hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm figuring on 1,296"sq. of area to react,

432"sq. on the bars and
864"sq. on the grid's interior
hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:21 pm

thinner sheets and hollow squares would be MUCH cheaper
hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:24 pm

yeah I can't find any thin stuff here in Portland :(
huck
Regular Poster

Re: Huck's Theoretical Design

Postby chemelec » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:34 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:36 pm

hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Postby mjacq2u » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:17 pm

mjacq2u

Postby huck » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:27 am

Design now under construction, but in a 3"x3" cube looking more like a 3 dimensional Tic-Tac-Toe board...cost: $125. The shop didn't have any 316L so I think I'm getting 304 or something like that which has been sanded with 120 grit in 1 direction on both sides from the factory. *shrugs*

It's a proof of concept model anyway... I'll definitely get pics loaded in to a project page when I receive it!

Then I'm going to have to try and figure out what to enclose it in...
I REALLY wanna be able to SEE it working!! Any ideas? Plexiglass will hold up under 100+ degrees F constant temp?
huck
Regular Poster

Re: Huck's Theoretical Design

Postby FlashBang » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:32 pm

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:38 pm

huck
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis