[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - discouraged

discouraged

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

discouraged

Postby jack987 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:59 pm

jack987
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:45 am

huck
Regular Poster

Postby mzk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:57 am

mzk
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:14 am

Jack:

Just a question, did you hook the positive and negative lead to the same terminals when you deployed this unit in your car as you did when you ran your tests? I understand from reading Ravi's posts and a few others that the plate conditioning must be done both ways... meaning + on terminal 1 and - on terminal 2.... then switch... back and forth until both + and - plates have been "conditioned" properly.

Another thing... I have noticed that most people that are using "Sodium Hydroxide" are using pure Lye or "Red Devil" drain cleaner. The electrolyte that you used, also contains "Sodium Hypochlorite" which could also be adding to your problems.

I am just constructing my first unit, so I do not have a lot of hands on experience, but these are some things which stick out in my mind from the posted results of other researchers on here.

FlashBang!
Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby jack987 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:29 am

jack987
Regular Poster

Postby injunbill » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 am

injunbill

Postby huck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:11 pm

huck
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:20 pm

huck
Regular Poster

Postby Dngspot » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:33 pm

I have about 3000 miles on my smack. It is a direct copy of his design. I am using Reverse osmosis water and caustic soda (lye). The caustic soda is found at Lowes in the pluming section and it is used to clear drains. The bottle looks like this. Image
I have drained the water after 2400 miles and the water has a very slight yellow color. I have run the unit almost 1/2 empty and never took out the 30 amp fuse. I believe that Smack is telling the truth that the unit will not self destruct if built and used as he directs. As for the production I cannot duplicate what he said the unit should put out.

I will be changing the cell and attempt to get better performance.
Dngspot
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:38 pm

@Dngspot

are you getting 10+ mpg increase?

that is my goal... 10mpg...but mine will be going in a Mercedes 190D (diesel) with a 5-speed...that already gets 34mpg on biodiesel ;)
huck
Regular Poster

Postby Dngspot » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Dngspot
Regular Poster

Postby jack987 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:59 pm

jack987
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:07 am

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Smacks

Postby jpshydro » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Thanks John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:37 am

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis