[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - electrolyzer voltage and current

electrolyzer voltage and current

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

electrolyzer voltage and current

Postby earthcruzer » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:20 am

earthcruzer

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:03 am

Hi Earth,

You must not have been reading very carefully. I say in probably 30 different spots all over my site, the old discussion board and the new one ...that AMPERAGE is everything, when doing "Brute Force" or Standard electrolysis.

In fact I have pages in my electrolysis project which directly show various voltages producing the same output when their amperage is identical.

Let me know if you can't find those pages and I'll paste a link here for you.

Amperage is directly proportional to production in standard electrolysis.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

just trying to understand

Postby earthcruzer » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:00 pm

earthcruzer

Postby thrival » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:17 am

earthcruzer: Chris knows his stuff, about standard electrolysis.

I haven't done the tests myself but Stanley Meyer's patent suggest a lot can be done with HV, maybe not as far as "brute force" electrolysis but to get the water ringing (resonating); then again, high V or I may not even be necessary at the right frequncies. Consider that our understanding of principles is evolving. Learn as much as you can from everyone and go with the flow.

Other posters here like AlaskanStar raise some interesting issues/ possibilities, like using a magnetron at pitifully low power input. I see at least 10 microwave ovens a week, tossed at the side of the road, and reading the online repair manuals suggest that 98% of the time the magnetrons are still good. There is in fact a patent for making hydrogen using microwave energy (US 4,265,721 --Hackmyer) at the industrial frequency of 915Mhz. (Those industrial magnetrons are pricey tho.)

The interesting possibility is adding a catalyst to the water, i.e. a colloidal metal or two, which acts like an extension of one or both of the plates with vastly increased surface area. (The other plate of course, might be the container itself, assuming stainless steel.) Cheap materials like sodium, magnesium or iron sulfates might qualify as catalysts. See work of Linnard Griffin:

http://l2.espacenet.com/espacenet/bnsvi ... &LG=en&DB=
EPD&PN=US2005042150&ID=US2005042150A1+I+

&

http://www.harti.com/griffin/

A.Star suggests that just wrapping a coil around a bucket might be all that's necessary to activate the catalyst @ the required frequency, (while I might opt for insulated wire inside the bucket instead, where the water can absorb the microwaves instead of you.) If you're using a magnetron to power the coil, you'll want it to be well shielded also, although the input is low, just to be safe.
thrival
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis