[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - mrgalleria, can you test the Nickel again?

mrgalleria, can you test the Nickel again?

Do you have a project you're working on that doesn't fit into any of the forums above? Please post about it here.

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:13 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby dingodog » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:18 pm

dingodog
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:01 am

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby dingodog » Sat May 26, 2007 11:28 pm

dingodog
Regular Poster

Postby winn1971 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:20 am

hello to all! my first post here. i've read from start to end. also checked the projects page. i'd like to replicate this "urine reformer" but (sorry for my ignorance) can anyone be kind enough to post a cross-sectional flow diagram for my better understanding and guidance? I initially would like to test this out in my 3kVA genset then perhaps move to my project car with a carbed 1.3L gas engine. I'm a little confused/need clarification in the following areas:
1. how exactly are the "nickel" (or copper) catalysts arranged inside the reaction pipe?
2. i assume only liquid (urine) flows inside the reaction pipe, so it means this pipe is only strapped to the outside wall of the exhaust system?
3. (in mrgalleria's setup) the inlet to the reaction pipe comes from the bottom of the urine reservoir and reaction pipe's outlet goes to the top of the reservoir(??) (thru a TEE) then another outlet from the top of the reservoir "feeds" the engine? why is this necessary? can't we plumb the reaction pipe's output direct to the engine?
4. is the reservior "sealed"/no fresh air breather? will the pipe not collapse under vacuum? will the gas flow to the engine not be impeded by "input air" to the reservoir given than there is only one tube from the top.
5. where exactly do we feed this "gas" to the engine: before the airfilter, through the manifold between the airfilter and the carb, or after the carb (direct to the intake manifold)?
6. with an inline valve regulating flow of gas to engine being set to OFF at idle, will it not cause over pressure to the reservoir given that even at idle the heating of the reactor creates steam/gas?
7. is this similar to a Hypnow Retrokit Nano and/or ECOPRA kit? (though i myself still can't figure out the innards of these two systems for replication purpose. And it would also be appreciated if anyone can provide details of these two.
thanks a bunch!
winn1971

Postby mrgalleria » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 am

Alo ha,
1. Nickels just placed in pipe, one roll- $2.
2. Yes.
3. I would not plump reaction pipe direct to engine, vacuum would be a problem. The reservoir acts as a safety bubbler.
4. ABS pipe will easily endure engine vacuum. No fresh air input. The tube at the very top goes to engine. The top tube, but mounted lower, from reactor, was just mounted that way to prevent vapor lock.
5. I mounted feed to engine vacuum- intake manifold.
6. I do not recommend valving.
7. Don't know, but doubt it.
Bill
I have a you tube video also, user mrgalleria.
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to General Conventional Project Discussions