[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - I am new here! Hello!

I am new here! Hello!

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

I am new here! Hello!

Postby BoomBoxDeluxe » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Hello to everyone!

I am new to OU power forum.

I'd just like to say that I am from Prof. John Searl's Chat Forum, which deals with his SEG and IGV.

SEG = Searl Effect Generator

IGV = Inverse Gravity Vehicle ( aka 'Levity disc', 'Flying saucer' )

I have come here so that I can inform you all on how we're getting on with re-constructing the SEG.

I understand that there are posts in the section here that deals with magnet motors.

The thing is though, what I have read does seem to be rather outdated. Really, we have moved on quite a bit since then.

In the next week or so, I will be making posts here about John searl's SEG, so please keep a watch-out for those.

For those of you who are interested in the SEG, I have placed a website link in my profile so you can click that to read more.

On that website, there is also a link that will take you to our Chat Forum.

There, without logging in, you can see a post that has our Official Links in it.... we have more than one website and a chat forum, you know! :D

It would be great to hear from you all.

Please though.... not too many questions. :mrgreen:

You see, on John's chat forum, I am the Admin and moderator there, so I do get quite busy there.

Anyone here can join, but be sure to read the Registration Guidelines thread first, as we have a system there which keeps zero-post accounts down to a minimum.

See you around, peoples!

-BoomBoxDeluxe.
Magnets are magic!
BoomBoxDeluxe

Postby resident_genius » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:05 pm

welcome to the forum, boombox.

i did a little bit of probing of the SEG and i must say, i found myself suspicious at first, the one website asks for money left and right. the site you directed folks to does not ask for money in order to see/hear/learn. that is good because any true visionary would understand that open source is not only the future, it is an imperative.

i hate to admit this(just prideful is all), but i look up to folks like alaskastar...sure he's got a bit of a personality, but his projects are all open source. some of them are kept under wraps for a while, but he has proven time and again that whenever he can debut something, he will. if this SEG is anything real and tangible, then (in my personal opinion) it must be open source. sure, open source doesnt bring in the funding like a patented and licensed product, but to most folks spinning magnets around a copper ring to create "antigravity" (term used loosely here) is a bit far fetched and investors will be few. please do not take offense as i oversimplified the SEG for my metaphor. it is important to me that you understand i (we here) welcome you whole heartedly and wish nothing but the best.

i hope to see more of you around our forums, unless someone like the admin says you are spamming, feel free to link outside this website, spread the wealth and knowledge, and good luck in your endeavors!
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby BoomBoxDeluxe » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Hello there to Resident genius,

The SEG is a nice bit of kit, but unfortunately, I don't think that this one is going to go "Open-Source" any time soon. Here's why:

Most PMMs use off-the-shelf magnets.

The SEG will NOT work with off-the-shelf magnets.

Standard magnets have north at one end, and south at the other. This is no good for the SEG.

The SEG requires a special form of magnetism....Searl Magnetism.

This is new. When standard magnets are magnetised, it is done with DC ( Direct Current), but the magnets in a SEG require magnets that have Searl Magnetism in them, and this involves a SPECIAL MAGNETISER which can apply DC **AND** AC.

Yes, that's right. DC and AC at the same time....Searl Magnetism.

The result is a magnet that has north-south-north-south around BOTH ENDS of a magnet! 8)

Only the SEG team know how to do this, and they have only just succeeded in applying Searl Magnetism to a roller segment! YAAAY!!!

You cannot buy these special magnets anywhere....and besides, they're not just one-big-solid-magnet....oh no.

They're made up of four elements:

Centre................Neodymium* This is the electron collector.
Inner-middle.......Teflon........... This is the electron 'Gate'
Outer Middle........Iron.............. This is the electron accelerator.
Circumference.....Copper......... This is the electron emitter.

* = This Neodymium is a special copyrighted formulation. Most other formulations degrade into a powder over time!

Also, take into account that each SEG part must not only be made to a certain size....but weight, too! :shock:

This is due to The Law of The Squares.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Really, this is beyond Open Source.

The magnetiser costs tens of thousands $$$$ the special copyrighted Neodymium isn't available anywhere, and a lot of people cannot get their head around The Law of The Squares.

Besides..... here's a warning!

An overloaded SEG WILL TAKE OFF!

Prof Searl has found out THE HARD WAY....he once [accidentally] overloaded a SEG, it took off and badly damaged his house!

.....This unexpected event led onto research into Inverse Gravity crafts, Inverse Gravity Vehicles ( IGVs ) or flying saucers.

This is far beyond open source.....Even Godin and Roschin couldn't do it.

-BoomBoxDeluxe.
Magnets are magic!
BoomBoxDeluxe

Postby resident_genius » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:01 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby BoomBoxDeluxe » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Magnets are magic!
BoomBoxDeluxe

Postby resident_genius » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:31 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Return to OUPower Pub