[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Distributorless ignition

Distributorless ignition

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

Distributorless ignition

Postby SlickGixxer » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:42 am

SlickGixxer
Regular Poster

Postby Pinhead » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:20 am

Check out the thread.

Basically, you want to add a resistor in parallel with your Intake Air Temp (IAT) sensor. Lower resistances = higher temp = less timing.
Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby moses » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:48 am

nice find pinhead just remember sixx that you want to retard the timing (bring it closer to top dead center) not advance. i see people advancing the timing to 70 degrees which is all bad all it does is beat the bearings out of the crankshaft. with c.o.p ignition the computer will adjust as much as the factory will let it. also most cars with that configuration have a table in the program to put extra timing out for spark knock even if you cant hear it it is nice to see you can take it farther without buying a programmer.
I am the origanal water splitter
moses
Regular Poster

Postby SlickGixxer » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:30 am

Ty for the correction moses.I always get advance/retard terminology backwards.For some reason I keep thinking retarding the timing refers to the number of degrees before TDC.I know which way I want it to go its the wording that throws me off lol.
Tuning the vehicle is gonna be the hardest part of fuel economy for me.All those sensors,wires and cluster fuck of crap under the hood piss me off and I realize that its because I dont know wtf its all for hehe.Guess this old school guy is gonna have some reading to do.And that article was a good start.
SlickGixxer
Regular Poster

Return to OUPower Pub