[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Blood sugar

Blood sugar

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

Blood sugar

Postby buddog » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:46 am

Have been feeling rather poor as of late. Checked my blood sugar and as i suspected it was way up 379 it even went to 496 after a large restaurant breakfast with the boys. At my age 60 and weight , too much, i can conclude that type 2 diabetes is probably here. I hate doctors and have no desire to be on medication the rest of my life. I have already started a diet ,gave up beer, and exercising more. It hasn't made much difference yet. If any body has any thoughts on a natural cure like herbs or supplements or whatever that works please let me here your thoughts. If you know something that has worked for someone let me know I'm open to any and all suggestions .
buddog
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:31 pm

Raw cows milk, ie unpasteurized. It helps get rid of excess fluid (edema) and helps with regulating blood sugar. I used it to get rid of my edema and diabetes.

http://www.realmilk.com/milkcure.html

You can find it by checking with local farmers, amish farms, or by looking for other sources in your area.

http://www.realmilk.com/where.html

And it tastes great to boot! I make my own fresh butter from the cream that rises to the top of every gallon, and drink the buttermilk afterwards ;-)

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:53 am

Nick
Regular Poster

Postby katman » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:18 pm

Read the book "The Sugar Solution". It will teach you how to eat things that slow the intake of the bad carbs and cut the sugar spikes.
KAT

Kevin A Thornton
KAT Automotive
For Speed Equipment, Nitrous Express
katman@everestkc.net

For AMSOIL products
http://www.lubedealer.com/kat

For Herbs from the Amazon
http://www.168336.amazonherb.net
katman
Regular Poster

Postby buddog » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:56 pm

Hey Bob. Got a couple of questions. Did you substitute the milk for some of your meals, all meals or with meals? How long did it take for you to see improvement? I'm having difficulty finding raw milk as i think its illegal to sell it in Illinois. Am heading up to Amish country tomorrow , just have to stop and ask until I get some positive results I guess.
buddog
Regular Poster

How to lower blood sugar

Postby SeaMonkey » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:22 pm

Last week on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory the guest was a physician who had considerable experience with "alternatives."

The topic of diabetes and blood sugar came up and the good Doc described a very simple and easy to implement process for lowering blood sugar rather quickly:

Eat a small amount of some cinnamon - a quarter to half a teaspoon and not more.

Additional info on how this works can be found by searching with your favorite web search engine.
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby buddog » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:39 am

Thanks everybody for your reply. I have the book and I take 4 caps of cinnamon a day. I am not exactly a novice with this diabetes thing as my wife and youngest son are both diabetic. They are both on medication also and this was their choice. I do not want to be on pills or shots the rest of my life so I can make the doctors and pill makers more money. I wish to beat this thing on my own. Am going to give Bob's milk cure my best shot as soon as I can find the milk.
buddog
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:03 am

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby buddog » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:10 pm

buddog
Regular Poster

Nostalgia for the old days

Postby SeaMonkey » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:59 am

Buddog, Bob,

Bob's experience with the nutritional value of raw milk has unleashed a flood of memories from childhood!

My uncle was a dairy farmer near Solon, Iowa and milked a herd of from 70 to 100 head back in the '50s. His setup was amazingly "high tech" for those years with a glass pipeline that took milk straight from the cows directly to his large refrigerated storage tank.

We had good, cold, fresh raw milk with all our meals while visiting his farm. The taste of fresh milk is indeed incredibly good and the cream that floats on top is truly delicious.

My aunt would separate some cream for us to use for our strawberry shortcake deserts and also for breakfast cereal.

Fresh home made butter on home baked bread is hard to beat!

In those years we didn't worry about medical insurance or health care plans or HMOs or any of the "institutions" so numerous today.

I'm inclined to think that people really were much healthier back in those times.
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:24 am

Every time I take a gallon out of the milk cooler, I take the cream off of the top and store it in a jar in the fridge to warm up, as the milk cooler stores at 33.3 F. The next day I make butter by hand from it by shaking the jar until the cream turns to butter. I pour the buttermilk off into a jar and chill it for drinking later. I rinse and wash the butter with distilled water and store it in the fridge unsalted. Nothing goes to waste, as even souring milk can be churned for butter or made into cheese.

My dedicated milk cooler is made from a 25 year old Sears Kenmore freezer, fitted with a digital thermostat that the cord plugs into. It draws 1.4 KWhrs per day and is run from alternative energy, so I do not have to worry about a power failure ruining $200 worth of milk. We make a dairy run once a month and it's an all day drive to go there and back, as around here it is illegal for dairies to sell unpasteurized milk.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:31 am

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby buddog » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:42 am

An update. I followed Bobs instructions, drank only the milk for a week then went back to eating 1 or 2 meals a day. To date I have lost 18 pounds and my blood sugar is back to normal. It was 111 this morning and rarely gets over 160 during the day. I am still watching my diet also. Can't say it will work for everyone but it worked for me, Thanks again Bob, if you don't mind can you give me the specs on that digital thermostat you're using and where to buy one. I have a 5.6 cu. ft. GE freezer a friend gave me when his basement flooded and the insurance co. replaced it. I don't to go as far as you for milk, only about a 45 min. drive for me but I still would prefer not to go every week thanks.
buddog
Regular Poster

Return to OUPower Pub