[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Source of platinum.

Source of platinum.

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

Source of platinum.

Postby mael » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:09 am

mael
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:40 am

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:29 pm

mael
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:56 pm

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:10 am

The 'experiment' was extremely half-a**ed. I used salt simply because I couldn't be bothered to get the NaOH from the shelf, and the experiment was only intended to last five minutes, and the room is extremely well ventilated, my skin is like an alligator's and my lungs are made of stainless steel.

I wired a 12 Volt battery via a voltmeter for the simple reason the volt meter has croc clips so I could easily connect some power to the disks.

I know about the chlorine risk, but thanks for the warning anyway.

* But could you answer the question about the missing coating from the anode, and the yellow-green scum on top after I called it quits, please?
mael
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:18 am

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:33 am

mael
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:37 am

mael
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:16 am

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:08 am

mael
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:48 am

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:53 pm

Since there is no edit feature, I will repost:

:D

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. I would keep that solution, and keep collecting it. I am toying with platinum plating right now, but its an expensive time-consumer when I have other projects that really need to be done first.

Here is a hint. The Romans used to coat their iron weapons with COPPER by putting them in a bath of vinegar, salt, and copper chunks. I accidently discovered this while running acetic acid and salt on a rusted car panel using a pump and hose with a copper nozzle. It removed the rust off the steel, and copper plated my body panel, lol.
Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Return to OUPower Pub