Brown's Gas to Power an ICE via implosion?

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Brown's Gas to Power an ICE via implosion?

Postby GreenEggs » Fri May 26, 2006 8:17 am

Hi, I am new here, and have been studying the so called Brown's Gas (which really dates back over 180 years ago, buy anyhow), and was looking at the mechanics of running an engine from this gas.

I have been reading quite a few of these threads, and I see lots of members using hydrogen as an additive to extend gasoline mileage.

Here is what I have heard about using a straight Brown's gas to power a vehicle, and I was hoping that someone that is experienced in chemistry, could let me know if this is possible or not.

Supposedly, an electrolyzer can be built to split H2O into 2 monotomic gases.

assumptions:

- H2O splits to monotomic gases at a volume ratio of 1:1860(approx)
- Sealed electrolyzer creates a compressed gas mixture
- Hydroxy gas hose replaces fuel line.
- Igniting the hydroxy gas converts separate H H O into H2O molecule plus 2 electrons(electricity) at a volume reduction from 1860:1
- Volume of H H O in engine cylinder is .5 L, and when ignited, reduced volume to .5 L / 1860
- A vacuum is created, electricity is discharged to the block.
- The timing of the engine is suppose to be advanced 60-80 degrees in order to ignite the hydroxy gas on the bottom of the upstroke, so that the vacuum pulls the piston up.

I suspect that is how a Joe Cell works(If it does work), and the claim that no water needs to be added is misleading statement. Having that said, I can't prove that, yet.

I see posts talking about how oxidizing H2 will cause an explosion, but what about oxidizing 2 separate H atoms?
GreenEggs
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis