[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Chemalloy as an Electrode Material

Chemalloy as an Electrode Material

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Chemalloy as an Electrode Material

Postby Orange_Crusader » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:34 pm

I've known about Chemalloy for a few years, and wondered what effect electricity has on its ability to split water. In one of the patents, I stumbled on this little video, almost hidden, showing Stanley Meyer using alloy (Chemalloy) electrodes, along with high frequency, high voltage (but low amperage) electricity, producing hydroxy at an incredible rate, with an efficiency (claimed) of 300%, producing 3x the hydroxy than should be possible from the input. I'm looking to get access, or to build, a furnace to produce some sample rods of chemalloy for a project, similar to Meyer's cell in the video, albeit smaller, and removing the lead from the "ingredient" list, since it's for soldering/welding. I won't have the needed machinery to roll a Chemalloy ingot into Chemalloy plates (although I wish I did), but I'll look around for anyone that can do this for me. I'll have to stick to cast rods, I guess. Still, it makes me wonder what kind of an effect the plates (properly spaced) would have on production.

The power source (as described in the video) is standard 120VAC (wall outles), run through a transformer, and introduced into the cell as about 0.5A, 20,000Hz electricity. I didn't hear a voltage figure, but the speakers were turned down.

I thought I'd post the video, and see what you guys thought of it, and the Chemalloy electrode idea. The top link is the patent, and the bottom the video, a direct link. :)

http://0049606.netsolhost.com/experiments/chemalloy.htm

http://0049606.netsolhost.com/video/meyer1.wmv
Orange_Crusader
Regular Poster

k

Postby kevinsatterfield » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:27 pm

Hi Crusader, thanks for the inspiration............it led me to a foreign forrum where they are talking or have been talking about your currosities,
if you have'nt been there or this link doesnt work gimme a hollar
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:25 pm

thrival
Regular Poster

k

Postby kevinsatterfield » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:14 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:24 pm

thrival
Regular Poster

Postby BEMET » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:10 pm

When the price of gasoline went over $2.00 per gallon I started looking at alternatives again.

Comprehend and copy nature, V. Schauberger
BEMET
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:45 pm

thrival
Regular Poster

Postby adam666 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:50 am

adam666
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:48 am

thrival
Regular Poster

Postby Orange_Crusader » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:05 pm

Orange_Crusader
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:22 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby dkmacmillan » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:21 am

I couldn't find anything about chemalloy online but I did find oddly enough a company called chemalloy about 30 miles from my house that makes custom alloys & metal powders.

http://www.chemalloy.com/

dkmacmillan

k

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:45 am

hey Ken have ya got to start building yet?seems like something new comes around every week....glad you found info ont materials for chemalloy.that maybe one of the big secrets to this stuff.untill i just saw all the powdered forms of metal i thought i was gonna have to start chunking bits of all that stuff in the fire,powder metal melting is gonna be cool :D
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:20 am

Well for those of us who live in apartments or cities
with neighbors close by, smelting metals is sort of
out of the question. For my part I'd just order
chemalloy powder from www.durafix.com
It's not a listed product so you have to call
the owner and ask about it. And be nice
unless you want to blow a rare supplier
for everyone else.

You could probably put two ss plates at far ends
of the container and play with inputs. The stuff
makes H2 without any added electricity. You could
start and stop the reaction by controlling your flow
of water in.
thrival
Regular Poster

Postby Loster » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:31 am

Hey guys, I didn't visit all the links yet and did not read all msgs, but first thing I remarked when I saw the video, is that the GAS seem to be generated only INSIDE the Metal Tubes ...

Are the metal tubes the Chemalloy you are refering too, or is it another metal that they put inside the tubes .. !?
Loster has been banned from the OUPower.com forum effective 5/15/2007 11:45 EST

My apologies to any that he has offended.
-Chris (Site Admin)
Loster
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis