[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - HHO with carburettors

HHO with carburettors

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

HHO with carburettors

Postby llew » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi, I am experimenting with HHO generators. Concentrating on carbureted and mechanical injection diesels. Live in Dalby Qld Australia
llew
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:26 am

1) cell construction- very nice to hear that a wet cell of these dimensions was created, it has the square inches to handle the amperes.

a)what is the electrode configuration? i am assuming it is in a +-+-(...and so on) configuration.

b)your large surface area means you will need very little KOH to pull many amperes. be careful of this condition- if i were you, i would install something called a "marine battery isolator". it is a simple device that runs two batteries in parallel- and the alternator only ever charges one at a time. obviously, the 'lyser would be wired to the secondary battery. pulling a constant, extra 30 amperes may burn out your alternator rather quickly.

2) water concerns- at the BARE minimum use filtered tap water. best is high quality distilled but i'll admit i even buy the CVS(american corner drugstore) distilled.

a)your high water content will help with dealing with any excess heat that may accumulate.

3)flow meter- that is a fairly reliable, fairly accurate (a good way to say is "its accurate enough") method for measuring flow within the system.

4)conditioning the system: be sure to condition the system for a week or more. really give her a go- and be sure to record output data in a fairly methodical manner.

5) bubblers and flashback arrestors. i reccommend a total of three bubblers but thats simply my technique. two at the 'lyser and one right before the intake. you REALLY dont want vaporized KOH or NaOH coming into contact with your aluminum parts.

6)get a project folder- the more raw data, the better, cant stress that enough. pictures are worth a thousand words, and extremely helpful in figgerin stuff out if/when u have a problem.

other than that, welcome and happy tinkering.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Large cell

Postby llew » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:32 am

Hi RG and thanks for replying. Of the sixteen plates 12 are positive ,4 are negative plus use the inside of the case as negative as well. Case grounded to car.
I would gladly post pics but I don't know how.
The construction is such, that I can change connections when ever needed.
Been crook today, sick in the stomach. So not done anything, yesterday boring hole in case lid and in case for drain plug.
Yes using bubbler and one way flash back valves off gas welder.
Wounder how much pressure will build up ?? do you know. was thinking to set pressure relief valve at 20 lbs. What do you think.
The excess hydrogen will raise up into the atmosphere and do no harm Yes ?? being lighter than air will go high ??
Hi, I am experimenting with HHO generators. Concentrating on carbureted and mechanical injection diesels. Live in Dalby Qld Australia
llew
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:15 am

Yeah mate, it's lighter than air so it will just dissapate into the atmosphere.

Are you running the 4.1 or the 3.8(I think) in that ute?
Jehu
Regular Poster

HHO ford ute

Postby llew » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:41 pm

its a 4.1Jehu.
I am going to rig up a fuel test rig on the Ute, a one litre test tank. But first going to run a condition test, I have a charger with a three hp electric motor driving a car alternator, so should be able to run test for days.
My first test was of a battery, after 15 Minuit's it was drawing 30 amps. the case was only half full of water, with 100 with grams of Potassium Hydroxide mixed in. Won't be able to work on it for a couple of days.
If you send me your email address I will send you pics my email is llew@clearmail com.
llew
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:16 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby bekasoft » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:51 am

I recommend dry cells as there's no electron leakage as in wet cells. At least, minimize the free water space inside the cell.
Also, since the inside of your case is negative, you should be sure that the outer plates are positive.

Your thread is "HHO with carburettors", but you're speaking of a wet cell being built...
I want to highlight that carburettors with HHO is a subject worth discussing.. Discussing what to do with hoses after the bubbler(s), if there's a need to a Tee (T) to split INTAKE VACUUM (ideling) and AIR FILTER(high rpm) ?..
Is there an air/fuel specific configuration ? should we close all air filter's small cracks to avoid hydrogen from going out instead of going inside the carburettor, etc.. :roll:

Are u going to speak about this later :?: Ok, I'll be waiting :D
Could a 1.6 Sierra run as a 1.0 ?? Yes it does! Thanks to HHO!
bekasoft
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby bekasoft » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:10 pm

bekasoft
Regular Poster

Postby bekasoft » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:13 pm

bekasoft
Regular Poster

Pics and info

Postby llew » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:15 am

llew
Regular Poster

Re: Pics and info

Postby bekasoft » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:12 am

bekasoft
Regular Poster

Large wet cell

Postby llew » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:48 am

llew
Regular Poster

Re: Large wet cell

Postby mos68x » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:27 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis