[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Motorcycle on HHO

Motorcycle on HHO

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Re: Magnets are amazing!

Postby Hybrid » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:51 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Re: Magnets are amazing!

Postby Hybrid » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:55 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby BroBob1 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:59 am

Well, I'm back to the original topic :roll:

I just did a duplicate run with the 1998 Suzuki 1500 LC motorcycle where I achieved 43 MPG with the HHO running. This time the HHO was off. I got 41 MPG! Not much of a difference!

The run was about 42 miles averaging 50 MPH with 3-4 stops. Apparently ideal MPG conditions.
I'm now wondering if I should include a PWM into my system to get better results. I'm running a Smack's style (Thundernutz) unit with the 2 outer plates on each side (4 plates total) hooked to positive, with 2 negative center plates, with 5 neutrals between them on either side, 400mlpm @ 8 amps. (++nnnnn--nnnnn++)
BroBob1
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:40 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby BroBob1 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:43 pm

[quote="chemelec"]PWM Reduces Current and in doing so, it also REDUCES Hydrogen Production.
So I Doubt you want to do that.

If I ran a PWM at the same 8 amps where I am presently getting
400 mlpm, would there be an increase in HHO production?
BroBob1
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:09 am

bro bob, please understand just how the PWM, or PULSE WIDTH modulator (changer)

it pulses the DC power to control heating, thats all. heating is a big problem, one which i am addressing with my new power supply that i really hope delivers what it claims.

when you turn the PWM up, it pulses more and more frequently until its almost 100% full on. by pulsing the electricity, it doesnt have that "dead-on" type of circuit that creates all that heat.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby BroBob1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 am

Thanks for the feedback :D
BroBob1
Regular Poster

Postby Pinhead » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:00 pm

But you have to also consider the other advantage of the PWM... You can turn your unit down if you need to in order to keep your electrical system healthy. It will also keep the current steady throughout warm-up. In other words, if your electrical system is fine when everything is cold, but charging voltage drops out as the electrolyzer warms up (and pulls more current) than the PWM could save your electrical system.
Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:04 am

a proper resistor or load can limit current, as well as electrolyte solution. however, using a PWM in this case as a current limiting device can be healthy because there is rumor that if you really saturate the water with KOH or choice of electrolyte, then it will increase effeciency/output supposedly.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby SlickGixxer » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:06 am

SlickGixxer
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:33 am

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby SlickGixxer » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:07 pm

SlickGixxer
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:58 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Hydrogen Booster

Postby kumaran » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:19 am

Hi SlickGixxer,

I understand your frustration. How could other people gets better result and I'm not? Not fare game isn't it? If you don't get the result doesn't mean others don't. Relax. Just use HOD to boost mileage. Don't set the goal too high like 50% or 100% fuel saving at this moment with pure electrolysis. There must be something wrong in your setup that you could oversee. I do this most of time. Just recheck your setup again.

30% of fuel wasted in exhaust (cooling agent). Hydroxy just to help to reduce the wastage by completes the unburned fuel to exhaust. In modern cars which equiped with O2 sensor plays its role to detemine how much heat/O2/hydrocarbon by passes O2 sensor and sends signal to ECU to counter this changes to maintaint 14.7/1 ratio.

Carburetor cars are pretty straight forward to show the results with or without hydroxy. But for EFI car, we got to deal with ECU. I haven't test my EFIE since the last post so I have no comment on how effective the EFIE unit to fool ECU to get better mileage.

Well, based on many who started using EFIE sees the gain. Not only O2 sensor plays its role to help manage fuel but other sensors as well like MAP/MAF. Again I haven't tried playing with all this sensors yet but will do soon. I suggest you to read tuning for mileage by mike.

As resident_genius says, if need to run 100% on hydroxy, the electrolyser got to be very very high efficient to produce large amount of gas. Other way is to supplement with other alternative fuels like water/methanol vapor, fuel heater, fuel vapor, biogas, etc. With these additional fuels which the speed of combusion varies, need to get suitable spark timing for proper combusion and maximum thrust.

Just my opinion.
Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby SlickGixxer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:43 pm

SlickGixxer
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis