[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - From Scratch - No Experience

From Scratch - No Experience

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby glenn_aircooled » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:24 am

glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby biggeorge » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:53 am

The refill thing is easy to build.

You need a sealed container (upside down coke bottle?) with a pipe that runs to the cell at the height you want the water to stay at.
As the water gets used, the water from your container will drop down and there will be a few bubbles of hydrogen go up into the container to fill the void above the water.

As for your choice of vehicle...
Why don't you start with a smaller one? I cannot understand the american mindset of having an enormous, inefficient engine to move people that could be moved by a 250cc motorbike engine (such as in asia.)

Not suggesting you buy a vespa, but the average engine capacity the rest of the world uses is 2 litres... not 5 or 6.
biggeorge
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:26 am

Aloha,
One thing not mentioned here is available amps. Do you have enough power available to run 5 cells? For a cycle- not likely. I recommend building one cell at a time. For economy and simplicity, look at the Mr. G cell or smack style booster with elec. box covers.
Again I have to repeat, surface area does not equal production.
Electrical mods are also covered in my project folder- Mr. G cell.
http://oupower.com/index.php?dir=_Other ... &PageNum=4
3" ABS has an inside diameter of 3". Mr. G cells will squeeze in. Parts are cheap and readily avail.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:51 am

Aloha,
by the way, adding an amp gauge will also serve the purpose of a water level meter. If amps drop, likely low on water.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby BroBob1 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:20 am

BroBob1
Regular Poster

Postby BroBob1 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:30 am

BroBob1
Regular Poster

Postby BroBob1 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:35 am

BroBob1
Regular Poster

Postby BroBob1 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:40 am

BroBob1
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:02 am

[quote="glenn_aircooled] I feel bad to hijack this thread.......quote]

Glenn.... I would not worry about "jijacking".... its definitely off the starting topic, but good exchange of ideas and information. Thats really the key. Every day, I am learning more and more...

You know, it would be interesting to put what has been learned by you all into some kind of FAQ or Research Summary, becuase there are a lot of posts and a lot of information that is difficult to sift through. I noted on another site, they are working on some kind of database or some such idea to capture information about the various HHO generator designs and efficiencies etc...I am not so much interested in a database per se, but I think that a lot has been learned from experimentation that would serve to bring the beginners up to speed a little faster. Also, would facilitate the goal we all seem to share and that is getting more of these devices built and working and in use....

FlashBang!
Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:46 pm

huck
Regular Poster

Answer to your questions

Postby jpshydro » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Thanks John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:17 pm

does their need to be a 1:1 relation in surface area to the Positive and Negative plates?

i.e. will a 3/4" SS tube with a 1/8" SS rod in the center produce the same as with a 1/2" SS rod in the center with the rod being the Negative ?
huck
Regular Poster

Postby jpshydro » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:39 am

I have no idea all my comments were from observations and what I have read, nothing on different size electrodes that I can remember in the same hydrogen generator. It is kind of interesting though because you might be able to vary the amount of Hydrogen and oxygen produced in a generator which could possibly make a difference in power.

I may try this later when I have a generator operating in a vehicle to learn more about the different ratios of hydroxy gas.
Thanks John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:08 am

Aloha,
Huck, The Mr. G cell was the result of trial and error. Not the result of reason, nor calculation.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:15 am

Aloha,
jpshydro, good to see you posting.
Were all your test results from the results provided by the flow-meters? As most of us are using the bottle in the bucket method, that may explain why we are not seeing the same results that you are. I have even been testing using vacuum from 15"- 25", but under vacuum I only find a 50% increase in production. This was using the air conditioner pump.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis