[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - hydrogen BBQ

hydrogen BBQ

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

hydrogen BBQ

Postby mjacq2u » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:08 pm

mjacq2u

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:39 pm

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby moses » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:29 pm

sounds like a new project :D
moses
Regular Poster

Postby mjacq2u » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:32 am

I guess that answer's it... cause if you could get enough hydrogen from water to eliminate propane/natural gas, everybody would want to buy one today.... No overunity, no zero point energy. What if you make a giant cell out of ur swimming pool and a couple layers of chainlink fence, wire it up and watch it bubble and throw a match in. Is there enough for a BBQ then?
I can't believe no one tried to cook, if in fact the water molecule is indeed being split by electrolysis... and therefore an ability to capture hydrogen on demand and burn it exists.
mjacq2u

Postby wagonman76 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:51 pm

wagonman76

Postby huck » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 am

huck
Regular Poster

Postby mjacq2u » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:00 am

mjacq2u

Postby chemelec » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:13 am

Considering that in a house, A High Current source is not a problem.
And the size of the cell to make hydrogen is not limited as it usually is in a vehicle.

So making a hydrogen generator to create a reasonable sustained hydrogen flame is also not a problem.

The amount of BTU's is a consideration, But consider the efficiency of generating the hydrogen.
Also consider the efficiency of all BBQ's that have Almost ZERO Insulation. They are a Huge waste of energy.

A Hydrogen BBQ is Not a very practical application.

A More Practical Solution: would be a Well Insulated BBQ Container and just heat it with Electric Elements.
If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:22 am

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby mjacq2u » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi, electricyty is not cheap at my house. But hydrogen released and collected from water... is free....

rough calculation tells me hydrogen energy output is appx. 50,000 BTU's per pound, more than 3x that of propane.

has anyone reproduced the spark plug igniter above???
I have seen two videos of failures, but not another success.

What was the liquig coming from the spark plug?

Anyways, assuming that technique above can be reproduced it seems to me that I could get 450 degrees F in an oven, and as mentioned, an insulated portable box with hydrogen on demand capabilities built in.
mjacq2u

Postby CrusherT » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:42 pm

I was watching a u tube video of an off grid show home it used solar cells for electricity and the electricity that wasn't used for the house was used to create hydrogen oxy gas then they separated the oxygen from the hydrogen and compressed the hydrogen into tanks. They then used the hydrogen back into a fuel cell to create electricity again, for after dark use. The water that was produced from the Fuel cell drained back into the tank for the electrolizer.

There is your use, it can be compressed if separated from the oxygen and oxygen added later for combustion.

I know it is a little off topic but it seemed to fit the subject of what else can we do with the gas.
CrusherT
Regular Poster

Postby CrusherT » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:56 pm

OK, here is the link for the video I saw but I noticed there are many out there of different houses also.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFKoaGgRPHA&feature=related[CLICK HERE][/url]
CrusherT
Regular Poster

Postby CrusherT » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:57 pm

I see I don't know how to do a link here
CrusherT
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:02 am

[quote="Looking In]chemelec, Glad to see your still posting.. I have been away. You are correct efficiency is the key. We may be getting to the point where Electricy is cheaper the the gas we use..[/quote]

I read in here Most Days, But Seldom Post now.

You wouldn't like what I have to say about Certain Persons here, so I keep my opinions to myself.

And I will be Off Line after June 16 for awhile. Having some Surgery.
I have also stopped all sales from my site for awhile.

Take care............Gary
If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis