[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - AlaskaStar's Automotive X-Prize Design, Open Source Project-

AlaskaStar's Automotive X-Prize Design, Open Source Project-

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Ready for Prices of Fuel to Sky-Rocket?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 31

Postby Errin OH » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Errin OH

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:12 am

Errin OH:

Wow, I am impressed.

OK R744...AKA: CO2 Gas.

It expands ALMOST exponentially, and condenses the same. This is why it ALMOST fits the "ideal gas" stated in Boyle's Law, and is used as the closest reference point.

I do not need to have a liquid state. The gas will almost compress itself when the BTU energy is removed from it. In a nutshell, it loses volume (size) in exchange for a loss of temperature, it condenses.

The Temperature/Pressure/Volume Charts show that this will work, and with help from DuPont Engineers, I am not spinning my wheels for entertainment.

When the DuPont Engineers SUDDENLY refuse to talk to me...after educating them how to use the energy...after the fact that they stated that it will work...I think I am on to something.

Nowhere was the statements of exacting parameters of heat exchanger sizes or types mentioned. I am using 3-way Liquid to Liquid Heat Exchangers, custom built because you cannot buy one for any price, the Liquid medium transfers in a chamber/ tube INSIDE a tube that contains the CO2. The tube that contains the CO2 is contained inside a chamber with another liquid medium. This is for the evaporator side of the circuit. The Condenser side si similar, but uses liquid to liquid exchange, and the liquid allows the CHEAP implementation of larger and larger BTU robbing/ dumping than the source of the BTUs.

You obviously did your homework in relation to the 4AFE engine, and the lubricating oils are compatible with the CO2 gas, thereby not a problem. Once the entire unit is assembled, the engine will be placed on mounts and completely SUBMERGED in OIL. The crank-case level will be controlled using the oil pump and everything sealed using high pressure seals and the use of anaerobic sealant in conjunction with gaskets rated for the pressure.
-No details here. Not going to give many either.

The reason for submerging the engine in oil is that any gas leaks will bubble up. The top of the tank will collect the gas, as it will be sealed, and pumped back into the system. To get the horsepower out of the engine and the box, bulkhead unions will be used, as the engine will be driving a hydraulic pump inside the tank, and only the pressure hoses will attach. The refrigerant hoses will also attach.

As stated earlier, level of the oiling system to prevent hydraulic lockup at the bottom of the pistons is crucial.

I might omit the oil dunking in favor of a pressurized box, pressurized with CO2.

This high pressure will be higher than the pressures inside, and thereby prevent leaking out of the engine, but the pressure monitored on every stage to detect problems.

I do not need to get the refrigerant back to liquid. I do not need it to be a solid either. I only need the refrigerant to expand and contract according to entropy and enthalpy/ endothermic and exothermic expansion-contraction.

In the plans are the ability to make the output condenser from Cylinders 1 &2 able to dissipate 4 times as much heat as the cylinders have just received in the form of pressurized gas.

It has more to do with the absence of heat than the source.

If you have the ability to generate a perpetual absence of heat, the excess shall flow toward it. This is exactly how this system works.

Look up Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP for heating...) there you will find an enormous wealth of information, except that I am not using electricity to pump it about...I use check valves and a piston engine to absorb the heat, regulate the flow and keep things moving.

Have you any pictures of your system? I might be able to help you out on figuring out how to solve your problems.

You are the first person to directly contact me regarding a power source like this. Are there any others?

Can we make it more efficient than solar PV/ Wind?

Can we make it cost effective?

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Errin OH » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Errin OH

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:49 am

The lubrication issues of a radial engine stopped me in my tracks because the smallest radial engine available locally to purchase is at the Museum of Alaska Transportation and Industry. The particular engine is larger than my truck.

Not something I choose to deal with. If someone pays me....another story.

I do like the offset of the radial, but again...in my engine, that is what flywheels are for.

[quote] Being an Engineer, I tend to be very anal about making it work on paper before expending resources. Theorize, Prove, Design, Build. If the math works, I construct a scale version to verify results. Once the pieces and parts are proven I move on to a full scale. Saves a lot of $$$$$ and “not so nice commentsâ€
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby williamssteve » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:30 pm

williamssteve
Regular Poster

Postby sparkgap » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi William,
I would love to learn more about your turbine. You should request a project folder and post some pictures.
“I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as fraud.â€
sparkgap
Regular Poster

Postby BillyHydrogen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:49 am

BillyHydrogen
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:29 am

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:05 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:00 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:11 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:20 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:36 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:35 pm

No, a crematorium will get much hotter then that. I asked an undertaker on the day my grandfather died how it work. This is what he said.

What happens is they actually have 4 stages/chambers. The body is placed in the bottom one and burned. The exaust gasses are then drawn off and pass through 3 more chambers where the gasses are burnt again untill everything is gone. All that is left in the bottom chamber is a skeleton and any mettalic objects that went in with the body and casket(jewelry, dental fillings, sergical screws and plates, coffin nails, ect). After the cremation, the bones are removed and then crushed to a powder. Then an electromagnet is passed over the powder to collect any magnetic items. The powder is passed through a sieve for the non magnetic items. After this is done the bone powder is then packedged and given to the persons family. The term ashes is a myth.

So the only thing that comes out of the flu is CO2. And this is burnt multiple times. It burns hot!
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:56 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis