[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - AlaskaStar's Automotive X-Prize Design, Open Source Project-

AlaskaStar's Automotive X-Prize Design, Open Source Project-

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Ready for Prices of Fuel to Sky-Rocket?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 31

Camgrinder

Postby mikemongo » Fri May 29, 2009 3:23 pm

There's a guy on cnczone.com by the handle of NCCAMS. His company does custom cams for some NASCAR teams. You should be able to contact him through cnczone PM.

I don't think he works cheap, but he could get er dun.

Mike
mikemongo

Postby haroldcr » Fri May 29, 2009 6:07 pm

AS, I have a guy that might be interested. He's in Ohio. Send me an email address, or a way for the guy to contact you.
Haroldcr
haroldcr
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat May 30, 2009 2:05 am

And under EVERY post here authored by myself...

Is a button "Email"

Your button doesn't exist.

You need to email me, so that I have your email address, so that you and I can converse regarding these camshafts, this design and going farther than the 98% mark toward completion.

Maybe you can build one of these for yourself?

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby haroldcr » Sat May 30, 2009 7:58 am

OK. Might have sent the email ???

I am used to seeing the damn default set to Microsoft email that I DO NOT use.

You should have the email. It did NOT use the Microsoft default. :roll:
Haroldcr
haroldcr
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat May 30, 2009 3:33 pm

Email Received, and reply sent.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:30 pm

Hey bud, I just saw this on hackaday.

Might be an idea to see what he did to make it work. Also there is a comment there that F1 teams are using penumatic valves. Might be another thing to look at.

How have you been anyway?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 pm

After searching the planet a few times, and spending upward of $160K to get a set of cams made, we have finally got the darn cams finished.

Now proceeding to the final build.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:02 pm

Thank goodness they are finally done. It's gonna be great to see this finally in action. $160k, far out that's alot. Oh well, I suppose that's R&D for ya.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Yeah, I wish I had gone to the final place FIRST.

All the cam grinders wanted the money up front, and then couldn't do the job, messed up a stack of camshafts, or squandered the money, and left me holding the bag full of dirty diapers.

The end result was not a cam grinder, but more of a machine shop that has a crew that doesn't give you the "deer in the headlight" look all day long.

My final set of cams (4 of them) cost me $150 USD.

Kinda sad isn't it?

Oh well. Progress is commencing. Right now waiting on my piston rings, and bearings. The old ones washed away in antifreeze from a blown head gasket when the engine ran on petrol.

The engine is no longer a Toyota 4AFE.

The engine is now a Ford Vulcan 3.0 DOHC V6, produced in the Ford Escape (engine vin code 1) from 2001 to 2008.

The lobes can be pressed off, rotated, and pressed back on. The engine is a 4 valve per cylinder system, and I only need to rotate every other lobe on each cam 180 degrees from it's original position to achieve the proper results.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:42 am

That's nice to know about the Vulcan's cams. Nice and easy to modify for your needs. And you get an extra 2 cylinders to boot. Should give the old beast a bit more poke.

Is it still going in the old F series truck?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:55 pm

Nope. I think I am going to trade in the diesel for a Ford Escape. I can get $4500 on the cast for clunkers, and a 2001 Model is only worth $5000 at the top of the scale...so I can plunk down $500 and it's a done deal.

Then I can stuff the Thermal engine in it...

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Nice idea. The x-rid will look more professional too. A car that is often seen on the streets will make it a bit more likeable by Joe Average. Something that he can relate to.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:17 am

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis