[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Installing on a Saab Turbo

Installing on a Saab Turbo

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Installing on a Saab Turbo

Postby a3holerman » Sat May 31, 2008 10:36 am

Hi,
Been reading a lot here and am about to install a booster in my 96 Saab turbo. My concern is that if I inject the gas just before the throttleplate the pressure will reduce the gas flow under boost. Has anyone here installed a booster on a smaller turbocharged engine and if so how did it work?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom
Cape Cod
a3holerman
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Sat May 31, 2008 2:54 pm

you need to have your cell hold more psi then your PEAK boost pressure and youalso need a 1 way valve on it
Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Sat May 31, 2008 10:15 pm

I haven't seen much coment on turbo aplications for HHO. I have an
eprom chip in my Mitsu ecu for 800cc injectors etc. I'm thinking of using
560cc injectors in the head & add 4x lpg injectors in the inlet mani.
I plan to let the ecu inject, what it thinks is, the flow of 800cc injectors, &
run an extra aftermarket eng comp to inject HHO via the lpg injectors.
I know it's very trial & error to pick the right combo of injectors. I can
compensate the a/f ratio via an safc that I trick the ecu with. I might need
600 or 720cc in the head. Cam timing is my problem. There is no room
for misstakes in an Evo 2ltr eng. Break or missalign the timing belt, & the
valves will hit the pistons. My pistons might need big eye brows )) cut into
them, so they don't wack my valves with a lot of retardation dialed into
my twin overhead cams. Having just enough HHO to pump into the lpg
injectors, is going to be very critical as well. I hope/plan to suck/pump
from the 2nd bubbler, into the fuel rail I run the lpg injectors from, with
a vacume pump. Regulating the pump speed via power suplied to it, will
be more trial & error. A fpr might be needed to dump HHO down to the
road, if there is too much psi in the rail. I didn't say dumping HHO hey ;]
I hope this sparks someone else to add to this thread with ecu turbos.
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:56 am

Keep it simple. [ I say that cause I'm a simple Bloke :) ]
If you feel that you may get too much pressure just before the throttle
plate. Could you provide another pipe to route Hydroxy to just after air cleaner and before the turbo. [ this may be all thats needed in total ]
But you could have a one way valve on your throttle plate tube then hydroxy would flow to the " before turbo pipe ".
While you are at it...... are you going to run water injection to cool
the intake charge???????
Its like running an extra Intercooler - Internally. :)
I believe you will find a great improvement but adding Hydroxy - as long as
you get a decent amount and make it efficiently.
-
If you worry about making too much Hydroxy - run the over Pressure switch in your Unit - to cut power to the system when this happens.
The unit will switch on/off to keep the Hydroxy pressure at reasonable level and you wont waste Energy.
Glenn
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:49 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby a3holerman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:40 am

a3holerman
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis