[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Need some help boosting my Subaru

Need some help boosting my Subaru

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Need some help boosting my Subaru

Postby Ioku » Sat May 17, 2008 2:31 am

Ioku
Regular Poster

Postby Pinhead » Sat May 17, 2008 10:22 am

Since you're going +-+-+-+-+- you're running a parallel cell on 12 volts. Not at all efficient. For any type of efficiency on a parallel cell, you need about 2 volts across the system. If you were to be able to convert your parallel cell into a series cell, you may get some efficiency. However, running 12v across a parallel cell will never be anything other than a steaming behemoth.
Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat May 17, 2008 1:17 pm

use the

___E___
I | R

E=voltage
I= Amps
R= resistance
P= wattage

formula and the wattage formula (P=E x I) to wire in a few automotive lightbulbs to get the approapriate voltage drop across your cell. the bulbs will also make the unit run incredibly cooler.....

for example, when running a simple prototype electrolyser at 25 amps, i melted the housing. wired in two bulbs of appropriate wattage in series, and it ran slightly warm to the touch. i just did the math, and purchased two fog lamp bulbs from pep boys. its been years so i cant remember the wattage. [/u]
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Ioku » Sat May 17, 2008 11:07 pm

So your saying I should make a series cell, I did some searching of series cells and I think I have the right idea take a look at this pic and tell me if I got it right. Image

Also what do you think about using the ss cups instead of plates the guy on the youtube vid was getting good results, and some of the best cells I have seen use round or tube shaped electrodes. [/img]
Ioku
Regular Poster

Postby Pinhead » Sun May 18, 2008 12:08 am

Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby kaosad » Sun May 18, 2008 10:10 am

kaosad
Regular Poster

Postby Ioku » Sun May 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Ok so how would need to wire it to make it series I'm sort of a newb at this wiring stuff.
Ioku
Regular Poster

Postby dingodog » Sun May 18, 2008 10:05 pm

Batt(+) to POs1, Neg1 to POs2, Neg2 to Pos3...etc...and the last Neg back to Batt(-)
dingodog
Regular Poster

Postby Ioku » Sun May 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Ok so it would be more like this then, right?Image
Ioku
Regular Poster

Postby kaosad » Mon May 19, 2008 5:50 am

yup
kaosad
Regular Poster

Postby Ioku » Sat May 24, 2008 1:17 am

OK well I have another question about cell building, I have noticed a lot of cells use neutral plates that aren't connected to neg or pos, what are these plates for? do they increase efficacy or cut down on amps needed? Heres a pic to show what I mean.

Ioku
Regular Poster

Postby dingodog » Sat May 24, 2008 1:30 pm

dingodog
Regular Poster

Postby kaosad » Sat May 24, 2008 1:39 pm

kaosad
Regular Poster

Postby kaosad » Sat May 24, 2008 1:45 pm

kaosad
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Sun May 25, 2008 4:07 am