Questions on Hydrogen Cells and Gas Generated from them

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Questions on Hydrogen Cells and Gas Generated from them

Postby jpshydro » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:23 am

I am a newbie to this hydrogen stuff and have spent about 28 hrs to 30 hrs researching all the different aspects of producing hydrogen gas.

I have two cars that have 3800 cc 6 cylinder engines a 1998 blazer and a 2003 Buick La Saber. The blazer gets about 20 miles to the gallon and the Buick gets about 30 miles to the gallon.
on the open road, based on this the Blazer would use about approximately 11520 ml of gasoline an hour, 192 ml a minute, and 3.2 ml a second, while the Buick would use about 7680 ml of gas an hour, 128 ml a minute, and 2.13 ml a second.

If I build the Hydrogen cell generator it will be some combination as outlined in this patent paper http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/PatE14.pdf and a combination of Zack West's page 59 on of the acrobat adobe reader http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter10.pdf . The patented generator is suppose to generate 116 cc of Hydroxy gas a second or about 7 L a minute of Hydroxy gas or approximately 10 times the standard rate of Faraday's electrolysis and according to the inventor's formula it is possible to generate up 20 times the standard rate of Faraday's electrolysis with a cell similar to this one, however; the patent does not disclose the dimensions of the cell.

Assuming the air to gasoline mixture is 14.7 to 1 ratio that would mean I would need to generate about 30 ml of hydroxy gas by volume a second to replace the air if both gases are under similar pressure and volume as I figure it, although I may not be figuring this right since I have no experience in this field. Hydrogen represents approximately 11.1% of the density of water and oxygen the rest, so I am assuming it represents the same ratio of the Hydroxy gas so 30 cc or ml times 11.1% = 3.31 ml of Hydrogen gas or 1 and 1.5 times the density of the gasoline liquid per second for the cars mentioned above and if I could get all 116 cc of the hydroxy gas into the engine it would equate to 12.87 ml of hydrogen going into the engine or about 4 and 6 times the gasoline density; of course these are gases versus the gasoline being a liquid so they will compress greatly under vacuum pressure and the piston firing process. So how much hydroxy gas do I need to push into the engine to equal the current air and gas mixture?

There are suppose to be two kinds of hydrogen gas the more powerful atomic type I have read represents about 3.8 times the power of the lower rated hydrogen. As I understand it to maximize the higher rated hydrogen you need to pulse the DC power and this should give you approximately twice the power of none pulsed hydrogen gas if done properly. I am assuming I should get the equivalent of 8 and 12 times the density of gasoline in my example above in the prior paragraph if I am able to increase the higher rated hydrogen gas by twice the amounts (because of the more powerful hydrogen) but what does this equate to in power compared to the gasoline?

Assuming all these amounts are possible and work will this be enough hydrogen to give me a 40% to 70% or higher mileage increase assuming I can find someone to adjust the timing in my cars to overcome all those mean dirty little adjustments the computer and the sensors will throw at me (thank you auto companies I need more challenges like a hole in the head)? I have seen similar hydrogen cells to the patented cell above in clips on the internet although they are not exactly like this cell, they appear to generate hydroxy at a much faster rate than the plate cells.

Finally has anyone done anything with this patent http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/PatE18.pdf or something similar to it? This patent says you can produce illuminating gas by running the hydroxy through turpentine which stabilizes the hydroxy gas. Stan Meyers also did something similar to this patent to stabilize the hydrogen according to his papers, although he was using inert gases rather than turpentine.

I also saw a long video from Australia that indicated that you should use strong metal containers when building your hydrogen cell instead of PCV and weak metal containers because the PCV and weak metal would expand when a car vacuum was applied to them and the strong metal doesn't. They said this could blow up the weaker cells, they didn't appear to use bubblers so not sure if this had an effect or not, they also indicated that when you took your foot off the gas pedal and applied the brake the vacuum reversed itself and no brakes or very little braking power if the weaker cells were used. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Does anyone know of a site that explains some or most of the questions I have asked?

Anyway I would appreciate any comments pro or con about any of this and of course any help or direction that you could give me I am probably at the stage of understanding half of what I think I do and really dangerous. I tried to find these questions asked on this site, I apologize if they have already been asked.

Thanks,
John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:06 am

Aloha,
jpshydro- The Hasebe device never has lived up to it's claim of 10-20x Faraday. Hasebe made an error in his calculations. It would be great if it worked even at Faraday, if it did I think many here would replicate it. I tried to replicate it but found no great advantage. If you go ahead, microwave magnets have the right shape.
Zack West has a good set up. I like the auto water fill method he used. Zack uses coil shaped electrodes in individual 2" tubes. Does anyone know if this is better than putting several sets of electrodes in a larger tube. Having one large tube/container would simplify filling, draining, and collecting hydroxy.
The 1884 patent is great. I can't wait to try it. If it works, I can store hydrogen made from wind or solar to be used as needed. Thanks for posting it.
I thought Stan used water vapor to slow the hydrogen burning?
If you run output from the cell to someplace before the butterfly valve, vacuum will not be a problem. The Aussies may have run leaky cells (as in vacuum leaks) right into the intake manifold.
There are several forums for water cars on Yahoo, and there is overunitypower.com. Also if you have time, you can search the numerous topics and project pages here.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby jpshydro » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:45 am

Bill I think you are right about Meyers using water but he also used or at least suggested using gases to stabilize the hydrogen.

My idea on the 1884 patent was to use the illuminating gas to run a big generators that uses either natural Gas or LP to run on use part of electricity and sell part of the electricity back to local utility using a Hydrogen generator to produce the gas. However, I couldn't determine if this gas could replace the NG or LP for sure without modifying the generator when I researched it on Google.
Thanks John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis