[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - A few questions on this commercial series cell unit

A few questions on this commercial series cell unit

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

A few questions on this commercial series cell unit

Postby rolynd » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:13 pm

Hello,
I am fairly new into HHO, have read a lot on different forums and now have some questions for the more experienced members here.
What catched my interest was this commercial unit:

It uses rectified 220V has 22 cells in series and produces 4LPM at 18A.

From the knowledge gained so far I thought to be efficient one uses about 2V per single cell, any Voltage above is wasted and produces heat. In this design each cell gets about 10V?

The size of the cell stack itself seems to be about 13x13cm compared to the overall measurement of the unit.
To keep current density low (0,25-0,5 A per square inch) the cell seems to have a fairly low surface area to push through the mentioned 18Amps?

What I liked was the easy way the current is regulated via the pressure in the tank. not a on/off regulation, but feedback regulated: the more pressure - the less current - less gas produced and vice versa.

Also, from the mentioned patents I think the cell is flooded and acts almost like a pump. The froth goes in the first tank at one side, fresh electrolyte is streaming in the cell at the other side. the gas is separated not in the cell but in the separate tank. electrolyte is then running to the second tank and back into the cell. Maybe this is what insures sufficient cooling of the cell?

Seems to be somewhat similar to beshires1 separated series cell, there the gas is separated in an exta container but one for each single cell.
In mr. Spirigs unit all the cells are connected with an inlet at the anode and gas/froth outlet the kathode side.
This should as far as I know decrease efficiency. from what I read you dont want to have frothing which connects the cells?

So how can this unit effectively put out 250LPH?

At least I fonud it interesting to see a photo of the inside of the unit.
rolynd

Postby chemelec » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:30 am

220 volts at 18 Amps.
What a Joke!

Thats 3,960 Watts.

Considering a 12 volt battery supply, that would be a Current draw of 330 Amps.

TOTALLY NOT PRACTICAL.

And only 4 LPM, Also Very Ineffificent.
If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:04 pm

I suspect that the 18 A is current through the cell - and would hope that its
after stepping down voltage to much less than the 10 v per cell.
I did not have language pack to read that site [ German ].
So could you please see if it gives power consumption?
The initial appearance of 220 v at 18 A is a joke and I'm sure that would
mean its not be a viable unit if that were the case.
Glenn
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby rolynd » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:42 am

Sorry, only a german version is avaliable.

At 220V 18A efficiency would be very bad thats why i was wondering in the first place?
power consumption is not given and also it is not told if the voltage is stepped down to appropriate levels. If a voltage of 2V per cell is used
figures would be much better but still not top rate. Someone being in this buiseness for such long time, I dont think he does not know about efficiency and 2V per cell etc.

somwhere else on the site figures of 100-1000W power consumption depending on gas output are given but no unit is specified. Nowhere is he speaking of 3960W which you will get with 220V/18A.

Well, I think you are just not told everything about how it really works.
rolynd

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis