[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Vegetable oil as lubricant ???

Vegetable oil as lubricant ???

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Vegetable oil as lubricant ???

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Water as fuel is briliant, but what about the engine oil .... ?
Does there exist any substitute for this today, maby somthing like vegetable oil ... i dont have a clue. Againe, i´m thinking oute loude, i do that a lot
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby hydrocars » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:29 pm

yes, they use these in jets. This is because the oils we use breaks down to fast.
hydrocars
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:45 pm

Hydrocars:

A new forum .. great. But since i´m loaded whit things to do and so little time, can you point me in to the right direction, actualy, just give me a link or a name, product etc. It´s much appreciated

(I´m learing to build tubeamplifiers beside this project ... i need moore time, much moore time ... 200 years at least!!!) :D
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby haroldcr » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:54 pm

I'm running Straight used Vegetable Oil in my Land Cruiser. I mix it with gasoline and diesel.

Be careful about Vegetable Oil IN the engine. Some of it will Polymerize and clog the oil filter and lines. It will also lead to ring coking, if not used correctly.
Haroldcr
haroldcr
Regular Poster

Postby haroldcr » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:55 pm

Should have added, I use it as FUEL, not lube oil.
Haroldcr
haroldcr
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:03 pm

Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:05 pm

Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:30 am

Dont forget that there are Synthetic Oils.
I always feel that a little lubricating oil [ and a lot of it is recyled anyway ]
is acceptable usage. It is Nothing compared to the Massive quantity
cracked up for Fuel use.
Glenn.
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:40 am

Glenn.

I do understand and i agre to a surten point. The perfect sulution is water for fuel and syntetic motor oil. I would prefer that the oil alsow whas made of somthing "clean" ... you know: Go al the way..
So i´m going to do a surce on that type of oil that´s used whit jet engines ... sounds interesting.

Keep the engine in a good condition and polute less .. fresh pistonrings sould keep moste of the oil in the engine anyway .. but you know, it´s always the next step and the next step ... :lol:
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis