[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - HHO gen. Wading thru the info. Need specifics!

HHO gen. Wading thru the info. Need specifics!

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

HHO gen. Wading thru the info. Need specifics!

Postby jackofalltrades » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:36 am

jackofalltrades
Regular Poster

Postby jackofalltrades » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:52 am

jackofalltrades
Regular Poster

Postby BR_549 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:15 am

Hi Jack! Man, you sure don't want to call that out in an Airport.
I perfer using SS Plates the size of a dual Light Switch Cover. There is a lot of good people on this website that can help you along the way on your building. Try looking over these two Websites and you may comeup with some better ideas than any of us. Don't hold back your questions, a lot of us are in a learning mode here.

http://www.panaceauniversity.org/Chapter10.pdf

http://www.panaceauniversity.org/D6.pdf
Have Character, don't be one.
BR_549

Postby fixaze » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:43 am

In your shoes I'd pay the $97 for the water4gas ebooks and make their stuff. Guy has a similar Corolla and has gained over 100%?

Lot of people making generators...not much about getting them in a car and configured?
I want better mpg....
fixaze
Regular Poster

Postby readyakira » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:10 am

readyakira
Regular Poster

Postby jackofalltrades » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:12 am

Smacks? Anyway I got the Run your car on water E-Book. reading that but is slow going. The use the pipe inside the pipe electrode is a little more complicated that I want to try. I like the flat plate idea better. I Don't have a lot in the way of power tools. A small drill press and some wood working saws, and a grinder and a lot of hand tools. As far as the placement inside the passenger compartment, if it blows, my hearing is shot already after 30 plus years in the printing trade LOL :wink: but I do value my digits and other body parts. I can't down load the Panacea U. stuff cause I have dial up at a whopping 28K WOO HOO :roll: (No I don't have any other choice I live too far out in the boonies). I found another fellow here in my town who is into the alternate fuel stuff and I turned him on to the Hydroxy gen and he has been really researching thid and we plan on building a least two gens to start with, one for his Benz and one for my Corolla. If this works, then I'll build one for my Honda Odyssey. I just have to figure out how to move things in the engine compartment. The height is the issue...If I move the washer tank I can get about 8 inches height...is that enough? Can I build it short and fat instead of tall and narrow?
jackofalltrades
Regular Poster

Postby fixaze » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:33 am

I've been thinking of ways to reduce the height of the smackbooster...max height I can find to use is in that range...maybe 9"-10" overall including wiring on top.

* the smackbooster could be simply shortened at the top...but then you'd have less electrolyte reserve and less cooling effect.

These gens cannot be run hot (?)...looks like 130-140F is the max you'd want to run...somewhere above this you might end up producing vapor or steam rather than hydroxy. People need to test the gas in ranges above 140F?

* I've thought of building it horizontally...with a right angle fitting on one end to collect the gas...horizontal part might be run tilted up a little. I'd use the same exact plate design.

The mistake most seem to make is to take a working design...either water4gas or the smack...and start changing the basic design. I think these designs evolved to where they are because they work well in that configuration.

Also...I think if you possibly can...put the generator in front of the radiator...designing for good cooling and temp control is a big part of running one? Or set one up behind a good sized fan...like an AC fan...with an adjustable temp sensor for the fan?

I don't think the water4gas design is all that difficult...details are there. And when you go to build something...the details are where it's at. It is a "system". The parts are technically "simple"...but all work together.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Water4Gas

Looks like the w4g cells put out maybe .2 L / min? My plate type cells should manage this. The smackbooster apparently does around 1 L / min green and is designed to make 1.7 L burned in?

There might be a different thing going on with the w4g cells running at low amps with wires in soda. Might be the quality of gas made at low temps and low amps???

The smackbooster has a much higher volume gas output...and it typically uses over 3Xs the amps...different approach.

I made my own small footprint design...that might put out as much gas as the 6 cell water4gas set...but the 1.5L engine is carbed with a non-functioning feedback O2. I'll see this summer how it does in the heat and any mpg gains.

One approach I might try would be to build and run a derated smackbooster...running it to start at around 6 amps and combine this with the water4gas extras....then later try boosting the amps?
I want better mpg....
fixaze
Regular Poster

Postby jackofalltrades » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:02 am

I didn't think of putting it in front of the radiator...I recently replaced it and it was very easy to take out and there is a lot of room up there. I was thinking it might be too hot, but I guess it wouldn't be any hotter than inside the engine compartment.
jackofalltrades
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis