[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Hydrogen boost in Honda Accord by Kumaran

Hydrogen boost in Honda Accord by Kumaran

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby glenn_aircooled » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:57 am

I find Gasoline Vapour as fuel very interesting .
Are you still running the carburetor fuel fed system as well as the gasoline
vapour and the Hydroxy...???
If you have disconnected the carburetor and the only gasoline going into
motor is via the gasoline vapour intake
then you have a Very easy way of adjusting the gasoline going into your
motor.
Glenn.
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:35 am

Kumaran:

Ok, there seems to be a bit of confusion on your car. I have the dealership service books for your model of car. I need to know which options are on it.

Engine Size?

Transmission type? Automatic, or Grind-o-Matic (Manual)

Number of gears in transmission? 3, 4 or 5?

Front Wheel Drive or Rear Wheel Drive? (This year came with BOTH)

1 Barrel, 2 Barrel or 3 Barrel Carburetor? (these were also available in this year)

4 Spark Plugs or DFI (8 Plugs)?

Air Conditioner? (This makes a difference for the Throttle and choke settings)

I need this information, and I'll pull up the information scan it in, and e-mail it to you, page for page of the service manual. Any section you need.
I would start with Carburetor and Vacuum, with Distributor to start.

I am not going to flood your e-mail inbox with any unwanted information, so I will await a response prior to scanning and e-mailing.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:26 am

Hi Glenn,

Long ago, I have tested fuel vapor in my previous test car and manage to cut down fuel nearly 30%. That is why I'm not satified with the results so far when using hydroxy to compensate fuel. In my last testing, I used smaller gasoline container but couldn't last to complete 100KM drive. I poured about 0.25 litre fuel into this container. At about 75KM run, I stoped and check amount of gasoline left in the container. Only about 20% left and tube to bubble the fuel didn't touch the fuel. Only smell of gasoline goes into air intake.

I did read some article sometimes ago in internet where they pull gas vapour from fuel tank and claim that this method could save about 50% of fuel consumption. In my previous fuel vapor testing, I used vacuum port to bubble gasoline. So when I don't press the pedal, the car kept on running to some distance before slowing down. Dangerous but works. That is why now, I inject fuel vapor into air intake and not vacuum port.

I also check about main jet orifice with my automechanic just now. He said normally the kit comes with original standard size. To solve the orifice problem he said we can use small wire insert into main jet hole to make it smaller. I'll bring the car to him to modifify the main jet hole this weekend.
Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:32 am

Hi AlaskaStar,

Engine Size? : 1.8L

Transmission type? Automatic, or Grind-o-Matic (Manual) : Manual

Number of gears in transmission? 3, 4 or 5? : 5 speed

Front Wheel Drive or Rear Wheel Drive? (This year came with BOTH) : Front Wheel Drive

1 Barrel, 2 Barrel or 3 Barrel Carburetor? (these were also available in this year) : 2 Barrel

4 Spark Plugs or DFI (8 Plugs)? : 4 Spark Plugs

Air Conditioner? (This makes a difference for the Throttle and choke settings) : No Air Conditioner (Spoilt)

Please do not flood my inbox. If you scan the image please help to resize the image to samller filesize. I could only receive 1MB max for any attachment.

Thank you very much for your kind offer.
Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby fixaze » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:34 am

Can't say for sure yet but I MIGHT be getting a +10% increase with a 1.5L carbed engine and running at around 6 amps and maybe .2 L / min. Have made too many changes to be sure.

Check out the new theory? :lol:

http://oupower.com/index.php?dir=_Other ... &PageNum=2
I want better mpg....
fixaze
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:37 am

Hi fixaze,

You got very good result (5% fuel savings) with just 0.2LPM of hydroxy. I think its all depends on fine tuning the mixture at carburetor. Too much hydroxy may need to adjust spark timing because hydroxy explodes and imediately implodes. I have tested this using simple soft drink bubbler bottle.
Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:12 am

kumaran,

be carfull with the fuel vapor!

I tried the same thing with one of my old chevettes years ago.

While i did get an improvement in mileage, it melted the valves.

And thinking it wasnt the vapor that did it i put the same thing on my old pontiac TA with a 301 V8 and guess what happend to it?

hope this helps

matt
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Re: Updates

Postby kumaran » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:54 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby fixaze » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:57 pm

I want better mpg....
fixaze
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby jai_mann » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:17 am

jai_mann
Regular Poster

Postby fixaze » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:58 am

I have problems getting full tank mpg (10 to 12 gallons) due to buying gas from various locations. Not to mention the variations in weather and driving conditions.

I use a 3 tank avg for a more valid mpg measure...though a 1 tank number might indicate a gain or loss from some change.

At times I see a short fill that makes me think I've done real well...until the next fill when the mpg number drops below the avg quite a bit.
I want better mpg....
fixaze
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:25 am

Hi jai_mann,

Thanks for your feedback. I believe my fuel consumption measurement might not be very accurate but good enough to get average. Normally, I pour full tank at same station and at same pump. The fuel pump automatically stops when fuel touches pump nose. Also the road and distance covered are same in every run.

Some variables would be driving style and trafic condition but should not make so much of difference. If I have EFIE test car, I might invest some money to purchase scan gauge II which could give much more accurate readings on the fly. This device could save so much money in terms of refilling like I do now.

Fixaze, I suggest you to buy and use Scan Gauge II for mileage reading if you are using EFIE car. I read so many people using this device and rarely hear any complains. Should be good product I guess.
Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:07 am

Kumaran,

Yo could try useing a fuel injector for your water mister.

its a valve and a nozzle.
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi Matt,

I'm testing both nozzles (fuel injector and mist nozzle). I don't like fuel injector because the spray pattern are narrow radius , longer and couln't stop water fully after power off. While mist nozzle spray pattern are wider radius, shorter and more finer mist. This is what I want but the problem is I need to find solenoid valve (12V) which could stop and release pressurised water into nozzle.

Manual ball valve under engine hood works but its hard to turn on and off from driving seat. If fuel injector can inject perfect spray as mist nozzle, I would be happy to use it. Still looking for electronic valve to use for mist nozzle.
Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis