[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - hydro boosters for diesels...mpg gains??

hydro boosters for diesels...mpg gains??

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

hydro boosters for diesels...mpg gains??

Postby TraderJ » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:06 pm

TraderJ

Postby glenn_aircooled » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:20 pm

glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:35 pm

glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby TraderJ » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:13 pm

TraderJ

Postby Bluey » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:56 am

Hi Trader3
If in your last post you are referring to my posting under the thread HYDROXY and Diesels there must be a misunderstanding as I have little interest in raw Hydrogen, only Hydroxy.

One of your main concerns seems to be timing. Here I will probably be as clear as mud and contradictory. As I stated in the article SOME engines benefit from a faster "rate of injection", shortening the span between start and end of injection, and I cannot see that the introduction of hydroxy would not have a similar effect. SO, by leaving the timing where it is and introducing a small amount of Hydroxy I doubt that it would have any ill effects on combustion. I HAVE NOT DONE IT SO I CAN GIVE NO GUARANTEES!!

I stated that timing is fairly critical. Having said that I have had vehicles driven to my workshop for correction with the injection 360 engine degrees out. Yes, firing on the wrong stroke. They smoke terribly and would not pull the skin off a rice puddin' but they start and drive. I said to my apprentice "See that, remember it because that engine is firing on the wrong stroke. You keep the customer occupied and I will turn his pump timing 180 degrees" Having done this, I then asked the customer to demonstate his problem and he is still wondering where the problem went. Some other engines, especially with Ricardo air cells (Indirect Injection) will be just as bad if the timing is out 4 or 5 degrees.

If you trickle some Hydroxy in you may expect an increase in RPM. I would not as the governors, being speed sensitive, should reduce the fuel input accordingly.They are capable of reducing it to zero but then the engine would stop as it needs a little diesel to give you ignition as there is no spark. Perhaps in practice it only needs to be introduced as load is increased in a small engine, because over 100 injections, (200 revolutions) at idle they only inject about .6 CC of diesel per cylinder. Not much.

I hope this helps a little. By the way PLEASE do not think you will gain anything by tampering with injectors as they are only "the workers" and will do their job as they are. The Fuel-pump and governors do all the management and you need some training and a lot of equipment to go there.

Regards Bluey
Bluey
Regular Poster

Re: hydro boosters for diesels...mpg gains??

Postby fixaze » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:36 am

I want better mpg....
fixaze
Regular Poster

Postby Cap10 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:06 pm

I have seen this site before fixaze. It looks like a bad info-mercial . It doesn’t say if they had to adjust the engine on the diesel like Bluey was saying, but I really can’t see mpg increasing that much by simply adding the boosters. I’ve tried that. :D
Cap10

Postby fixaze » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:01 am

I want better mpg....
fixaze
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis