[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Just started playing.

Just started playing.

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Just started playing.

Postby darnoldrs » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:19 pm

Well I have officially started playing/making browns gas. :D So far so good.
I have built a cell with 3/4 inside 1" tube about 9" long, giving me about 1.5mm between the to tubes and 8 sets of tube in the cell. I have only been running the cells on straight DC and with irrigation water and hooked up to a car battery it is drawing about 30A and producing about 26-27l per hour. I have it mounted in a 4" pvc pipe about 16" long, but after about an hour running it starts to melt the pvc. :oops:
Not to bad for a start but i will be building a pulsing circuit to run it on as soon as i get a chance, I think I will start with the Lawton circuit and see what goes on from there.
darnoldrs
Regular Poster

Postby gagekko » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:09 am

30 amps seems a bit too high. Also, what gauge wiring, threaded rod, etc.? 10 amps is what I try to stay at. Anyways, good luck!
gagekko
Regular Poster

Postby trbjam » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 am

13.8*30=414

414/27=15.33

Something isnt right. Im know expert by far but the efficiency is way high.
mine is a pretty crappy unit and it is getting 3.92
trbjam

Postby darnoldrs » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:30 pm

I have built the cell in the myres style setup and only running it on DC untill I get to build the D14 circuit or similar but i thought i would just do some testing so i have some comparisons for later on :idea: . It been fun thou. :D
It is not very efficent :oops: but thats ok, im just starting. :wink:
A question to all, Well the cell condition like ravi's when running on straight DC or not. I cant see any as yet. Thanks, David
darnoldrs
Regular Poster

Postby readyakira » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:43 pm

My series cell has conditioned to the point it now draws 3.94amps straight DC on distilled water. It used to need KoH in a rather strong solution to get it pumping. I am going to probably condition it longer to see how high I can get the cell to go. Ideal for me would be 10-12amps so I will most likely need to continue the Koh mixture but in a much lower concentration then I originally used. I plan on running 2 series cells in parallel to keep heat down. I would have made one rather large cell but materials I had prevented that. But like other said 30amp seems high using regular water. That is unless you have a rediculously high mineral content in your water.
readyakira
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:17 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby darnoldrs » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:12 am

darnoldrs
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:40 pm

glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby darnoldrs » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:19 am

I am making another Unit that i will have seperate conections to each indevidual cell pair. I will play with that on that one as this one has the positive and negitive bars welded to the bottom of the cells and will be a bit hard to seperated. :(
What size units and currents are others using (with DC) to get outputs over 500ml a min?
Be interesting to compare rather than doing it all myself. :idea: :wink:
darnoldrs
Regular Poster

Postby darnoldrs » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:28 pm

darnoldrs
Regular Poster

Postby darnoldrs » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:34 am

Well i have built the D14 circuit but as i vary the mark/space ratio it is varing the frequency also. changing the frequency also changes the mark space ratio. As i can see on the CRO one pot is changing the on time and the other the off time. Is this how others have found their circut or have i wired it wrong and missed in when checking?
darnoldrs
Regular Poster

Postby darnoldrs » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:19 am

darnoldrs
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis