Frequency of Stainless?

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Frequency of Stainless?

Postby BubbleMonkey2 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:43 am

Was noting in Meyer's tech briefs about resonant cavities and pulse frequencies... around the stainless tubes I began to wonder about this portion of his design..

And so, on the topic of resonance and freqencies.. and being a layman no electrical engineer here, bear with me, Im just a simple man with a question to ask the forum...

Meyer's drawings refer to " resonance/cavitiy" Which starts to border on what seems to me to be fuzzy physics of the water, and or the properties of the stainless metal tubing. If the cavity or resonance of either is important to output, then it gets into distances of the anod and cathod and water properties as well right? I suppose maybe his description was vague on purpose.. Knowing the distances and the frequencies of the cavity then become very key to the cells performance of myer's cells, using the pulsed (frequencies?) the main coil, and the two bifilar choke coils on his system as I see it.

While building a cell today,mistakingly I hit my stainless tube with a wrench and noticed a nice musical sound/tone (similar to wind chimes) when this happened.. That sound came from the same stainless tube as meyers used, from what i can tell, it has most likely a similar if not EXACT vibratory frequency when hit.. (depending on thickness and size etc, the tone might vary)

Ok, onto my main question... Im wondering if anyone has experimented on attempting to ID this frequency TONE, and then apply this this tonal frequency/SOUND of the metal, with the frequency/pulse of the electrical 555 pulser, as when the metal is hit?

Just an idea, maybe im crazy, maybe its apples and oranges comparing tonal sounds, to pulsed stepped up electrical frequencies.. but maybe its not..thats why im asking
BubbleMonkey2

ID tone

Postby PaulUK » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:25 am

Hi, if you want to find out the tone, try "Sinegen". It's free to download and has many different wave forms to play with. Hope this helps.
Paul.
PaulUK
Regular Poster

Postby darnoldrs » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:30 pm

I dont think you are crazy, Infact this is the exact theroy i have just started to work on, Hence why the thred asking (the resonant frequency of water) :wink: The diameter, thickness and grade of SS will also alter the frequency of the tube. :wink:
darnoldrs
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis