[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Help for our newbies

Help for our newbies

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Help for our newbies

Postby weggl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:35 pm

Thanks bob, also I tested the voltage from negitve to the bolts holding the unit together and to my suppries I had a voltage reading of between 2 to 6 volts on various bolts?
Why is it so when there was a clear gap between the cell and the bolts.
Warren Eggleton :shock:
WARREN EGGLETON
weggl
Regular Poster

im a newbie??

Postby redriderno22 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:22 pm

not sure im posting this question in the right place? but anywho

I have built an electrolizer from parts purchaed at lowes/hdepo, including a clear filter housing and all the little pices parts to plum it with a bubbler i have read that u should use stainles steel, and i tried the switch plates with little sucsess even with lye. Note i havent put this in a car yet?.

so i switched to zinc coated galvenized pipes and spaced them like a joe cell with a 3/4, 1 1/4, 1 1/2, 2" with the 3/4 as the ??cathode and the 2" as the anode?? not sure witch is witch. with these my results were well sweet! it produces alot of gas with one teaspoon of lye, but it gets very HOT and draws about 50-60 amps, what am i doing wrong??

again sorry if i posted this in the wrong place any advice would be apprecated!
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:38 pm

sounds like yer not devide'n the voltage between yer cells to an acceptable level.Use'n galvanized metal may require a voltage lower than even 2 volts per cell.You may not be utilze'n a bi-polar plate array wich wuld lower the voltage between yer cells.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

???

Postby redriderno22 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:15 pm

that was all greek to me?
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:55 pm

add more pipes till the current drops down..may help a little.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Help for our newbies

Postby weggl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:06 pm

Bob, I have dismantled the whole things and have re-sanded the plates with 40 grit emery is this coarse enough?

Thanks Bob.

Warren Eggleton
WARREN EGGLETON
weggl
Regular Poster

Help for our newbies

Postby weggl » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:19 am

Cant seem to find any 3mm PVC down under, wondering if 2- 1.5 mm placed together would be ok?
Weggl :?:
WARREN EGGLETON
weggl
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Hi Weggl,

The PVC gasket should look like . I got from industrial refrigerator repair shop. You may get from cold storage department at your area.
Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Help for our newbies

Postby weggl » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:27 pm

Thanks Kumaran, Just this last 1/2 hour located some 150mm wide now have to wait around 3-4 days for delivery.

Warren Eggleton :P
WARREN EGGLETON
weggl
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:44 am

Hi Warren,

I hope you choose the correct one because there few types. I've purchased 1mm thick about 150mm wide and 3mm thick about 1 feet wide. Most important for series cell is material thickness. Just check with them if you have ordered correct one (3mm thinkness).
Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Re: im a newbie??

Postby glenn_aircooled » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:08 am

glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:41 pm

redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby yikes » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:42 pm

yikes

Help for our newbies

Postby weggl » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:00 pm

Redriderno22,
What Glen means by are the pipes sealed? Is are the bottoms sealed from one another? Not are they separated from one another. If the bottom of the pipes are sealed from on another you would be able to fill one of the gaps (cell) between the pipes and it would stay full without leaking into the adjacent cell.
If you don’t do this the current will just run wherever it likes and you will virtually create an electric jug. The water, if you use tap water, would be good for making coffee, although would need to filter it first to remove the junk that comes out of the tap water.

Weggl
:wink:
WARREN EGGLETON
weggl
Regular Poster

help for newbees

Postby weggl » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:24 am

WARREN EGGLETON
weggl
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis